The reality for Luton fans

How do you know unless you actually get there?.
Nobody knows until you try it.
People not wanting promotion this year are nuts.
I mean it's pretty easy

You look at the teams who are better than they were last year who were better than us last year when *we* were better than we are now

You see them struggling and recognise that teams not as good as them are going to struggle more than they are, obviously

I mean it's pretty easy

You look at the teams who are better than they were last year who were better than us last year when *we* were better than we are now

You see them struggling and recognise that teams not as good as them are going to struggle more than they are, obviously
Doesn't work like that. Sheffield United and Burnley were better than Luton last season.
Mags were better than Spurs and Liverpool.
Not one team which is promoted can guarantee they won't be relegated and not one team is guaranteed to be relegated.

If you're not able to stay in the league you were promoted into then you were quite obviously promoted beyond your capacity to compete in that league
That isn't the same as "being promoted too early" though. There's three teams go down every season, and often within that three there's a team that was already in the premier league the previous season. What's their excuse? As it isn't "being promoted too early".

Everton's point deduction was a huge incentive and now Forest's possible deduction and Everton Mk II means they will probably survive. Playing the way they do it's like Wimbledon from days gone by and they've been unlucky not to get points against some of the big players.
Rather them than Coventry
Everton have appealed their points deduction like if they were getting more points taken away why the hell would they bother listening to the appeal

Can see them getting 4/6pts of the 10 back
Fair play to them , I expected them to ruffle a few feathers in the premier league. Still think their defence might ultimately cost them in the end.
They’ll hit a bad run they’re still mainly a championship side on paper

Last edited:
Everton have appealed their points deduction like if they were getting more points taken away why the hell would they bother listening to the appeal

They may have a legal eright to an appeal..
I suspect everton may get some points back but then lose them again for the new offences...
Doesnt matter if luton get relagted..they will have died with their boots on and improved the prospects for their club for a generation cos the PL money will fund the stadium.

If they go down they’ll be £130m richer than us next season. I wouldn’t mind some of that as it will give them a canny advantage.

Good on them at least they are having a real go.

If we had shown some balls last January who knows where we could have been.

Last edited:
They may have a legal eright to an appeal..
I suspect everton may get some points back but then lose them again for the new offences...
Doesnt matter if luton get relagted..they will have died with their boots on and improved the prospects for their club for a generation cos the PL money will fund the stadium.
100%. I fully expected us to get relegated this season but hoped we would go down fighting. So far, we've done that and the season has been far more enjoyable than I expected.

Our squad is probably a bit light so a few injuries would seriously weaken us. I think we will probably still go down but as you say, the stadium is paid for and the parachute money will come in handy 😉.

I think you still have a more than decent chance of the play-offs. Look at last season and how many play off contenders imploded in the final month of the season. From Feb onwards, its just about grinding out results in the Championship, particularly with the amount of games clubs have to play.

Started just after the playoff semi's. Kenilworth Road will be badly missed not because of the away fans entrance which has been highly meme'd but its a proper old school football ground. All the top managers in the Prem have said they've loved playing there
New ground looks decent. About 20,000 and closer to the town centre. Nice design.

New ground looks decent. About 20,000 and closer to the town centre. Nice design.
It's still about three or four years away. Old industrial site that is highly contaminated and needs lots of work to clean it up.

Shame as we could have captured a lot of the kids who would normally be drawn to Arse/Spurs/Chelsea.

Almost impossible to get a ticket at the moment unless you are a s/t holder.

I should have put money on Sheffield Utd today. I knew they wouldn't get bullied by Luton and they have better players too. I fancied them to piss on Luton's chips and so it proved.

Back