The realistic replacements for Grayson thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

No but if you are going to hound out the current one I would like to know if there is an alternative?
I've given you 8.

It's about time, who if Grayson was to go, you think could step in?

Or is no one capable of more ?

No but if you are going to hound out the current one I would like to know if there is an alternative?

There's a lot of alternatives. For starters every manager in league 1 and 2 would take the job id imagine. You've seen Steve Clarke go north to manage Dunfermline I think so if the hunger is there to manage, out of work people will come.

Still a lot of games to go and we're not too far off mid table. If anything they have nothing to lose coming here looking at the position we're in

Lambert, McLeish, ally mccoist, Strachan, reid, ball, Phillips, Shakespeare, hoddle, any unemployed manager in the world.

Imo any of the above could get this team to fourth bottom by the end of the season and in the meantime, score first in a home game.

This league is poor, it is not an impossible task, with what is available at safc.

dowie?

He isn't saying that at all, read his post. He is saying that no decent manager would come to Sunderland.
Is that reply suitable?
I completely disagree. Are you accepting that this is our lot and we should just sit back until we reach division one?

Personally I want him gone and anyone in. How much more do we have to take?

There will be managers who would relish the opportunity. They’ll see a squad that should be far higher in this league. They won’t be the most exciting but that was the case in the summer.

If they lose in the play off i’d try and get Michael O’Neill.
Of the current out of work managers I think Paul Lambert and Karanka would both get more out of this squad. I know they are bit dull and play quite defensive football but if it gets results i’d take it.

If we had the money to pay compensation i’d have Lee Johnson.

The other option is attracting an assistant manager or coach or retired player who wants to be a manager. Steve Bould is someone who I think would be a good manager.

Last edited:
Craig Shakespeare just lost his job at Leicester. Wonder if he's wanting to manage, could take a gamble and get him in here.

Hound out, the crowd hasn't given him any grief at all yet, despite being 2nd bottom with no clean sheets and 1 win in 13.

Dont be so silly, loads would but non who would come to SAFC.
I bet there's a hundred coaches and managers operating in this country would drive to Sunderland tonight to take over for £2m a year.

I completely disagree. Are you accepting that this is our lot and we should just sit back until we reach division one?

Personally I want him gone and anyone in. How much more do we have to take?

How many games will the new guy get, 13, so potentially 2 more by the end of the season?

Dont be so silly, loads would but non who would come to SAFC.
I've given my opinion which you wanted.

Give your opinion to this.

When Grayson goes, who would you like to see at safc?

Pep G couldn't turn this team into anything. No one is going to do better. No one wants it. Who the hell outside League Two (maybe) would even touch us?

I bet there's a hundred coaches and managers operating in this country would drive to Sunderland tonight to take over for £2m a year.

I would do it, do you think it would be a good appointment and I would do better than Grayson, I have managed a year 7 school football team once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back