The Punisher

Iirc you have the odd abberation in taste - like that actress in Glow - so I may give Frank another chance. I haven't seen the recent Thor - but if Tom Hiddleston's back I might be persuaded. I can be a tart now and then. :)
Thor is funny all the way through. There's some male nudity in it too (bum) :D

[snip] Iron Fist suffered from charisma absent casting, I lasted 30 mins. I'm not as patient as I used to be! :)

[snip]

Fancy making the poor woman watch Iron Fist. :)

I don't know what it was about Iron Fist that I liked so much. Something about the story just grabbed me from the start.

I wasn't familiar with the character at all (nor LC or JJ for that matter - Daredevil and Punisher were the only ones I'd heard of before the Netflix shows) and I'm not usually into either martial arts movies or comic book adaptations particularly, so the whole backstory was new to me.

I know what you mean about the lead actor in it. I wasn't sure at first but I persevered because I was enjoying the story and he really grew on me.

What??? JJ would have been a total bore without Dave T. He was quite splendidly ott. I've seen him on stage a few times and he is fantastic. So...not biased at all. :lol:

Like I said, I like him as an actor and he seems like a nice feller too, I just felt a bit disappointed in him in JJ.

Like I said, I like him as an actor and he seems like a nice feller too, I just felt a bit disappointed in him in JJ.
I find that strange, especially as he got rave reviews for it. But of course you are completely entitled to your misguided opinion. :) No, really, just surprised by you saying that.

Jessica Jones was class, with the lovely Krysten Ritter being the icing on the cake.

Daredevil was also class, with the blonde secretary being particularly wonderful.

Like Cage was bereft of wads but a top notch series in its own right.

Haven’t seen Iron Fist or Defenders.

Well that makes a change! Don't get me started on gratuitous female nudity in films. Not that I shall be swayed by a bloke's bum of course. ;):)
Its mark ruffalos

Jessica Jones was class, with the lovely Krysten Ritter being the icing on the cake.

Daredevil was also class, with the blonde secretary being particularly wonderful.

Misty Knight is A wad

Blonde? She's a ginger isn't she? [dives into google image search]

OK, it seems she's both...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=D...6cvXAhXG1RoKHcKdD8sQ_AUICigB&biw=1440&bih=807

:lol:

Incidentally, did you watch True Blood? She was in that. Often naked.

Last edited:
The correct order is obviously

Daredevil
Jessica jones
Luke cage

And then way way way way behind

Iron fist, which is utter garbage from start to finish. The casting and acting of the main guy was embarrassingly bad in all depts. it’s really saying something when you want the protagonist to get the shit kicked out of him just so he can’t speak any more of the drivel dialogue the he was given.

Disappointed with defenders to but it was just about watchable.

Men!!! :rolleyes:
Yeah I did but it was for Alexander Skarsgard. :oops: I gave up before the last series, in my defence.

My favourite series with him is the army one where they get tough in Iraq and some reporter from Rolling Stone magazine wears a nappy. Can't for the life of me remember its title just now but it was a mini-series of maybe just six or so episodes. Very good it was, too.

His brother plays Floki in Vikings and their dad is pretty good at acting as well. Like a family firm.

Last edited:
My favourite series with him is the army one where they get tough in Iraq and some reporter from Rolling Stone magazine wears a nappy. Can't for the life of me remember its title just now but it was a mini-series of maybe just six or so episodes. Very good it was, too.

His brother plays Floki in Vikings and their dad is pretty good at acting as well. Like a family firm.
I'm really not keen on his Dad. I find him creepy. I think the brother was also in a Wallander episode way back? I might have to start Vikings if I find the beginning of it somewhere. I happened to notice a few good looking Danes in The Lost Kingdom. :lol:

Jessica Jones was by far the best so far, as it had a proper super villain(unlike the rest)
Iron fist was shite. Struggled really badly to fill the 13 episodes.
Defenders was disappointing and rather silly. Cage's and Jones' super strength would sometimes vanish for no apparent reason.
Daredevil could have done without its second season.

Back