The Punisher

I thought this. Not sure I can do 13 episodes of Frank looking hard and having flashbacks of the wife and kids. I've left it after episode 2. I may go back. Not certain.
It’s worth persevering with. We started it on Friday, now watching episode 12 and will try and stay awake for 13. As I said, it is different from the other Marvel series. A bit of a Marvel cross between Homeland and Person of Interest. With added violence.

It’s worth persevering with. We started it on Friday, now watching episode 12 and will try and stay awake for 13. As I said, it is different from the other Marvel series. A bit of a Marvel cross between Homeland and Person of Interest. With added violence.
I don't mind the violence. I may give it another go. :)

Good grief! :eek:
I just couldn't get away with it, tried 3 episodes, didn't like the lead actor or the over edited fight scenes. Would probably go jj, daredevil,like cage then iron fist.
:lol:
Jessica Jones was the best...followed by Luke then Daredevil

Clearly not a popular opinion. :lol:

I'd probably go...

Iron Fist
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
The Defenders

Haven't seen The Punisher yet. Just started rewatching them all from the start with the missus as she expressed an interest in watching The Punisher but I wouldn't let her start there without seeing the rest of them first, so I'm hanging on from that one until she catches up.

I liked Jessica Jones the best, admittedly for David Tennant's performance. Then Daredevil, which went off last series for me. I just could not get into Luke Cage which surprised me and Iron Fist suffered from charisma absent casting, I lasted 30 mins. I'm not as patient as I used to be! :)
I watched The Defenders but was rather disappointed with the whole story.

Clearly not a popular opinion. :lol:

I'd probably go...

Iron Fist
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
The Defenders

Haven't seen The Punisher yet. Just started rewatching them all from the start with the missus as she expressed an interest in watching The Punisher but I wouldn't let her start there without seeing the rest of them first, so I'm hanging on from that one until she catches up.
Fancy making the poor woman watch Iron Fist. :)

Last edited:
I liked Jessica Jones the best, admittedly for David Tennant's performance. Then Daredevil, which went off last series for me. I just could not get into Luke Cage which surprised me and Iron Fist suffered from charisma absent casting, I lasted 30 mins. I'm not as patient as I used to be! :)
I watched The Defenders but was rather disappointed with the whole story.

Fancy making the poor woman watch Iron Fist. :)

Interesting about David Tennant. I thought he was one of the best New Who Dr Who actors (probably my 2nd favourite just behind Christopher Eccleston), so I was quite excited when I saw he was in JJ, but then I ended up quite disappointed with him in it for reasons I couldn't put my finger on. I think that's probably the main reason JJ is so far down my list. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed JJ, I just enjoyed the other 3 more.

Agree about The Defenders. After enjoying all the individual shows I thought it was a bit weak in comparison. Still entertaining but I was hoping for a lot more when they all got together.

Meh
I loved Thor - gags galore
Can't be arsed with this
Iirc you have the odd abberation in taste - like that actress in Glow - so I may give Frank another chance. I haven't seen the recent Thor - but if Tom Hiddleston's back I might be persuaded. I can be a tart now and then. :)

Interesting about David Tennant. I thought he was one of the best New Who Dr Who actors (probably my 2nd favourite just behind Christopher Eccleston), so I was quite excited when I saw he was in JJ, but then I ended up quite disappointed with him in it for reasons I couldn't put my finger on. I think that's probably the main reason JJ is so far down my list. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed JJ, I just enjoyed the other 3 more.

Agree about The Defenders. After enjoying all the individual shows I thought it was a bit weak in comparison. Still entertaining but I was hoping for a lot more when they all got together.
What??? JJ would have been a total bore without Dave T. He was quite splendidly ott. I've seen him on stage a few times and he is fantastic. So...not biased at all. :lol:

Last edited:

Back