The pubs open lads and lasses

was in black bull and auction house in morpeth on sunday, both fine, table service, except the latters prices left lot to be desired ( 5 pund a pint ) plus a surcharge for being served at table- there isn't an alternative !!

Two North East Ambulance Services staff took to hospital for treatment over the weekend after being attacked at work, two ambulances off the road due to damage requiring "extensive repairs" responding to alcohol related incidents.

Last edited:
Two North East Ambulance Services staff took to hospital for treatment over the weekend after being attacked at work, two ambulances off the road due to damage requiring "extensive repairs" responding to alcohol related incidents.

You do have to wonder about some people like, ridiculous state of affairs.

Since Friday afternoon have been to the following.

Foresters Arms Ryhope - Screens up at the bar, sanitiser has to be used and give your details on entry, about 6 people in, well spaced out.
Top House Ryhope - bit busier, most tables occupied, sanitiser and details given, didn't seem to be pulling it off so had 1 drink which I took outside then left.
Chesters - sat outside, table service via My Pub app which worked well, staff in protective gear, seemed okay but they told a few off for standing up and mixing then eventually asked them to leave.
Easington Welfare - about 8 of us in there everyone had their own table
The Knack Seaham - dead, screens up at the bar, everyone encouraged to use contactless, everything well enforced
Guide Post Ryhope - 3 in including myself, I sat in the garden other two inside at seperate tables, sanitiser everywhere.

Seems most have adapted pretty well.

Back