The pubs open lads and lasses

Don't understand how these fuckers manage to get so pissed and fucked up when it's just pubs, they are not f***ing party places they are places you go to hang out and have a crack on with your mates, nightclubs are rightly shut so idiots don't go on like they are in that article.

They're doing it all wrong marra.

Don't understand how these fuckers manage to get so pissed and fucked up when it's just pubs, they are not f***ing party places they are places you go to hang out and have a crack on with your mates, nightclubs are rightly shut so idiots don't go on like they are in that article.
Young 'uns getting pissed-up before they go out on cheap wine and spirits. Topped up with 'shots' (should be banned) and the fashion for spirits now over beer will be a major factor. A fair few will also have 'enhanced' their experience chemically via their nasal passages.

Younguns getting pissed up and fighting has always gone on and will go on regardless. This is only being reported because the pubs reopened. If it had been a normal weekend I doubt it would have been in the paper.

Younguns getting pissed up and fighting has always gone on and will go on regardless. This is only being reported because the pubs reopened. If it had been a normal weekend I doubt it would have been in the paper.
Agree with this like - the chronicle were wetting themselves over someone In Blyth getting locked up for drunk and disorderly on Saturday. They must have had a direct line to the polis waiting for the first drunk through the doors. Any other weekend this is the norm. In fact it’s likely if the cells weren’t full of drunks on a weekend when the pubs are open there’d probably be something wrong !

Young 'uns getting pissed-up before they go out on cheap wine and spirits. Topped up with 'shots' (should be banned) and the fashion for spirits now over beer will be a major factor. A fair few will also have 'enhanced' their experience chemically via their nasal passages.

Drinking before a night out in the clubs is one thing but what's the point drinking before going to the pub?

Drinking before a night out in the clubs is one thing but what's the point drinking before going to the pub?
I'm not disagreeing with you - I've never seen the point myself. If you're going out, then just go out and get slowly pissed as the night progresses, having a bit of crack and a laugh as you go.

Lots of young 'uns nowadays don't do that though - they get hammered before they go out. They then spend all night on their phones and necking shots and other spirits. There's no crack on because they've done it all during 'pre-drinks' and on social media. Lots then take nose candy to ensure they can last the pace during which time they neck more shots and spirits. Then the drink- and drug-fuelled rage kicks in. Then the spewing starts.

It used to happen years ago as well but it generally took a lot longer to get to that state as most people stuck to beer, lager or cider.

Yes. No pool or music though.

It depends the ones near St James were told not to show last Sundays newcadtke game. But on the whole yes you're right they are. Fwiw I agree that the reopening needs to be done with an element of caution.
Yes. No pool or music though.

I've been in 2 places in newcadtke where you coukd play pool. Not sure it makes a difference but they were social clubs rather than pubs

Went to a Greene King pub today for a quick pint and I have to say I was impressed by the measures they’ve taken. Sat outside and they’ve removed about half of the tables and made sure they’re all 2m apart, not messing about with 1m. Ordering and payment was via an app and we had to take the drinks of the tray ourselves when they were delivered. Beer was shite mind.

Went to a Greene King pub today for a quick pint and I have to say I was impressed by the measures they’ve taken. Sat outside and they’ve removed about half of the tables and made sure they’re all 2m apart, not messing about with 1m. Ordering and payment was via an app and we had to take the drinks of the tray ourselves when they were delivered. Beer was shite mind.

Which pub was this?

Back