The pubs open lads and lasses

Popped in the Ivy yesterday for a pint and a burger, was really well done and felt safe. It was quiet and they seemed to have more staff on than usual for the table service. I hope it gets busier for them soon as I cannot see how they can turn a profit with the current numbers.

Pubs are pretty safe currently because hardly anyone has the virus. If the current shift in evidence suggesting that aerosol transmission indoors is more important than droplet transmission proves correct then it is likely that 1-2m distancing in an enclosed space will not be protective. I think it's likely that there will be some pub 'outbreaks' especially as we get nearer to the end of the year. Individuals will have to make their own minds up about the risk but I won't be going to pubs currently.

Went through Newcastle yesterday afternoon, couldn't believe how quiet it was , I mean nobody about .

went to 3 bars, bridge tavern, brew dog and tapped .All where very organised and clean and safe, the first two had good atmospheres but tapped just didn’t work, it’s a fellas bar that normally has a good atmosphere , but social distancing doesn’t lend itself to thst place.

im worried for that industry after seeing yesterday, spent a fortune (5-7 a pint) and only a few pubs open currently

Went through Newcastle yesterday afternoon, couldn't believe how quiet it was , I mean nobody about .

went to 3 bars, bridge tavern, brew dog and tapped .All where very organised and clean and safe, the first two had good atmospheres but tapped just didn’t work, it’s a fellas bar that normally has a good atmosphere , but social distancing doesn’t lend itself to thst place.

im worried for that industry after seeing yesterday, spent a fortune (5-7 a pint) and only a few pubs open currently
I was in Durham yesterday and there was quite a few people about. There was plenty sitting outside the bars, but still some empty tables. I didn't have a pint like however Sunday club starts in half an hour.

Went last night, waste of time and headed back to Washington village.

Popped in the Ivy yesterday for a pint and a burger, was really well done and felt safe. It was quiet and they seemed to have more staff on than usual for the table service. I hope it gets busier for them soon as I cannot see how they can turn a profit with the current numbers.
I think most pubs will be aiming to not lose significant amounts rather than turn a profit at the minute. It wasn’t an industry awash with cash anyway so a lot will buckle unfortunately.

The locals seem to be doing ok thankfully. We are however probably entering “use it or lose it” territory for a lot of places though.

Went to the Cliff, Harbour View and Poetic License.
Much quieter than normal as expected.
Well organised and safe so people will return eventually.
I'm not sure people will return to anything like the numbers of people visiting pre virus until we have a vaccine. And the principle reason is there is they aren't safe if someone inside has the virus. Irrespective of social diatancing being applied.

Back