The post Chrimbo blues

I f***ing hope not mate :lol: But like I say, you've got to enjoy everything while you can, life's too short. Seen too many people come a cropper over the last few years and you've just gotta count your blessings sometimes. I can't act like I did in my 20s or 30s anymore that's for sure.
Aye you’re right. You never know what’s round the corner. I honestly feel lucky as fuck. I went down Peterlee just before Christmas. Went to Aldi and everyone looked old even though most were younger than me. Lass on the till I went to school with looked about 15 year older. Not having a go or owt it just made me think I’m probably looking after myself better. I don’t take any medication for anything and I’m never ill. Bet there’s not many can say that at my age. Really don’t have a single thing I can moan about. It’s nice to be able to feel like that. Christmas to me now I think the best thing about it is I still have my parents which again sadly not the case for most people I know.

Aye you’re right. You never know what’s round the corner. I honestly feel lucky as fuck. I went down Peterlee just before Christmas. Went to Aldi and everyone looked old even though most were younger than me. Lass on the till I went to school with looked about 15 year older. Not having a go or owt it just made me think I’m probably looking after myself better. I don’t take any medication for anything and I’m never ill. Bet there’s not many can say that at my age. Really don’t have a single thing I can moan about. It’s nice to be able to feel like that. Christmas to me now I think the best thing about it is I still have my parents which again sadly not the case for most people I know.
Loving life ^

#NoPostChrimboBlues

Anyone suffering from it or back into the swing and embracing the new year?
Yes. I was so f***ing pissed off last Sunday night. So pissed off.

Monday morning arrived, school run, puppy awake and wanting to play etc.... things eased.

Friday (today) .... almost skipping through fields of wheat......glorious!

Last edited:
We are almost half way through this crappy month , it’s genuinely getting lighter at night and before you know it spring will be in the air.

Grim in there. Went in other week n could swear 2 lads stacking shelves were off their tits. That areas like going back in time.

Get a bit sick of boozing and eating crap over Christmas so don’t mind this time of year. Doing a 30k running challenge this month with my mates for something to do. Only on 7k at the minute so best get my arse in gear.

Grim in there. Went in other week n could swear 2 lads stacking shelves were off their tits. That areas like going back in time.
I loathe to have a go at where I’m from but health in areas of the north east really shows on peoples faces. It’s sad to see. Went to Asda in byker not long ago and it was the same there. People looked fucked and there’s just this air of bleakness about most people. Maybe I just went at a bad time like cos I’ve never thought that before.

I loathe to have a go at where I’m from but health in areas of the north east really shows on peoples faces. It’s sad to see. Went to Asda in byker not long ago and it was the same there. People looked fucked and there’s just this air of bleakness about most people. Maybe I just went at a bad time like cos I’ve never thought that before.
Same. Got family in both but when i nip in horden aldi or bhall co op (both en route from work or gym) both just feel so fecking deprived/basic. Im often stunned how many ‘outsiders’ 😂 are about too.

Same. Got family in both but when i nip in horden aldi or bhall co op (both en route from work or gym) both just feel so fecking deprived/basic. Im often stunned how many ‘outsiders’ 😂 are about too.
Strange it’s only since then I’ve thought it. Not like I live anywhere salubrious either. Weird that you can see it on peoples faces. Maybe I’ve just had my head in the sand.
Had pretty much the worst Xmas I've ever had so I'm glad it's all over with tbh.
Sorry to hear that mate. Everything alright?

Back