The post Chrimbo blues

Strange it’s only since then I’ve thought it. Not like I live anywhere salubrious either. Weird that you can see it on peoples faces. Maybe I’ve just had my head in the sand.

Sorry to hear that mate. Everything alright?
Yeah mate, thanks just life not much point crying over spilt milk as they say.

I loathe to have a go at where I’m from but health in areas of the north east really shows on peoples faces. It’s sad to see. Went to Asda in byker not long ago and it was the same there. People looked fucked and there’s just this air of bleakness about most people. Maybe I just went at a bad time like cos I’ve never thought that before.
I used to think when I was young ,older people just did nowt etc
I felt cool cos id been away all weekend while peopke went to Dickens or the bingo, but I'm old now and young do nowt and I'm still getting out and about
North east life is something you either succumb to or try and beat .
It is crap to look and say glad I'm not you but how much is avoidable?

Grim in there. Went in other week n could swear 2 lads stacking shelves were off their tits. That areas like going back in time.
Peterlee Asda?

Is the weirdest supermarket going

I try to avoid it but then I was in Peterlee Lidl just before Christmas and there was a full on neighbourly dispute / ex on ex war going on in the aisles

They settled the shouting and pushing by concluding with a genial aye I'll pop round yours later for a drink and merry Christmas

Awful town really

Peterlee Asda?

Is the weirdest supermarket going

I try to avoid it but then I was in Peterlee Lidl just before Christmas and there was a full on neighbourly dispute / ex on ex war going on in the aisles

They settled the shouting and pushing by concluding with a genial aye I'll pop round yours later for a drink and merry Christmas

Awful town really
Aldi. But used to use specsavers in the aldi. Like the place time forgot.

Yeah mate, thanks just life not much point crying over spilt milk as they say.
Well nah but nowt wrong with a bit moan like.
I used to think when I was young ,older people just did nowt etc
I felt cool cos id been away all weekend while peopke went to Dickens or the bingo, but I'm old now and young do nowt and I'm still getting out and about
North east life is something you either succumb to or try and beat .
It is crap to look and say glad I'm not you but how much is avoidable?
Aye it’s funny where I grew up anyone who had ambition had to fuck off as it wasn’t possible to get a degree and stuff there. Shame really as it’ll always be that those most affluent will always leave and with That their money. I suppose all towns and villages are the same till we’re just left with generations of people who have never had owt and their kids don’t much expect owt either.

Last edited:

Back