The Pep myth

Brilliant column from Ronay here, calls City “Coldplay football” 🤣🤣
A good read but the flowery, extravagant writing is a bit OTT. Shakespeare would be proud.
If he really wants to test himself there’s a team in red and white with a limited budget, but has potential 😳
I agree. It would be good to see how these top managers could perform without a budget of billions. For me, that's what made Big Sam a great manager. He was phenomenal for us.

Last edited:

You love to see it you really do

If criticising the oppression of gays, women and human rights in general makes one an Islamophobe then I’m sure 99.9% are more than comfortable with that 👍🏻
Calling out a State for being overtly homophobic, and you get called Islamophobic 😂 Imagine being so servile to a state that you have no natural affinity towards, because they bought you 4th place in the league.

It's islamaphobic when it's linked only to a single state that is an islamic state practising Sharia law. If you really had this concern about inclusion you would be highlighting the misogyny and homophobia in other states with no islamic tradition such as Russia
Is that the Russia that has the largest Muslim population in Europe? The Russia with entire regions that have a majority Muslim population (such as Chechnya - they fought quite hard to keep hold of them, IIRC). The Russia where your pre-Saudi incarnation played against Anzhi Makhachkala, from Dagestan, another of those Muslim regions?

No, must be a completely different Russia.

It's islamaphobic when it's linked only to a single state that is an islamic state practising Sharia law. If you really had this concern about inclusion you would be highlighting the misogyny and homophobia in other states with no islamic tradition such as Russia
So you can't criticise someone for doing something awful because other people are doing awful things , is that what you're saying?
Mental

Btw I think the poster, and everyone else doesn't like states that are misogynistic and homophobic. However, our neighbouring cities football club is funded by the homophobic and misogynistic saudis, so it's more relevant. When you have friends and folk like you on this board chatting 'whatabout' it's quite easy to want to try to reason with the Saudi apologists.
Disgusting vermin that they are

Seeing him moan about not doing anymore TV work after games, because they werent fair to Man City by putting the semi final on a few days after the Champions League. Does he have any self awareness? The week they killed off FA Cup replays, and he's coming out with this shite?
I'd love for one of the presenters to say, if you don't like it fuck off and manage in another country.

Don’t let it bother me so much? I’m the one that gets triggered? You called someone’s employer.

Self awareness mate. Self awareness
Don't let it bother you so much, let me worry about it. It's really daft that you let it niggle you so much.

What you need is a Wetherspoons eggs Benedict down yer.

Anyway, you can rag on me in two weeks time when you send us down, bet that will give you a proper buzz.

Don't let it bother you so much, let me worry about it. It's really daft that you let it niggle you so much.

What you need is a Wetherspoons eggs Benedict down yer.

Anyway, you can rag on me in two weeks time when you send us down, bet that will give you a proper buzz.
I hope you stay up, you’re a proper club

You just made a complete arse of yourself 👍

Back