The Pep myth

Brilliant column from Ronay here, calls City “Coldplay football” 🤣🤣
Brilliant that.Barney ronay is canny, he always holds the saudi mags to account n'all.
Ok what have I said that is islamaphobic? ( Not introducing your newly found hatred of Sharia law)
What have I said that is?

He is having another meltdown!
You love to see it you really do
Yawn, the online (attempted) bully doesn't think criticising all aspects of the state that is the home of the cradle of islam is in anyway islmaphobic
If criticising the oppression of gays, women and human rights in general makes one an Islamophobe then I’m sure 99.9% are more than comfortable with that 👍🏻

Last edited:
You love to see it you really do

If criticising the oppression of gays, women and human rights in general makes one an Islamophobe then I’m sure 99.9% are more than comfortable with that 👍🏻
It's islamaphobic when it's linked only to a single state that is an islamic state practising Sharia law. If you really had this concern about inclusion you would be highlighting the misogyny and homophobia in other states with no islamic tradition such as Russia

I’m sure I’ll get tons of abuse for this, so I’ll caveat in advance. He’s clearly a top coach. This is more a “is he as good as he thinks he is?” post

it’s now 10 years since he won the champions league. Despite having pretty much unlimited money at City and coaching Bayern, one of the biggest clubs on the planet

He got somewhat fortunate with Barca as he inherited arguably the best player ever in his prime

look at his City numbers. He’s been great domestically. But he should be when you look at what he’s bought. The transfer fees are from memory, so tell me I’m wrong

Ederson £35m (one of the highest fees ever at the time)
Walker £50m
Mendy £50m (even without the news he’s been crap)
Cancelo £40m+
Dias, Stones, Ake, Laporte at a combined £220m ish
Rodri £60m
De Bruyne £57m
Silva £35m
Jesus £27m
Mahrez £60m
Grealish £100m
Torres £25m

there will be more. Probably only one looks a shocker, but given the money surely he has to win more?

who has he sold at a profit? Sane?

who has he developed? Foden?

I’ll get pelters, but 10 years since a CL. With that money. He’s not the genius he thinks he is?
The money he paid for De Bruyne, Stones and Silva will triple if they sell on and turned them into world beaters. Stones has to be one of if not the best centre half playing today. And de Bruyne …,..

Pep has changed football single handedly more than any coach that has lived.

His teams have played a brand of football that every team try to follow.

He’s always had the best players and that makes him better because the best players think they know better until they don’t.

All the egos he’s managed have to play his way or no way.

The bloke is a fuckin phenomenal football coach.

When his teams lose they lose because they’ve wasted the opportunities they’ve created.

Every team he’s managed dominate games.
He can’t control missed opportunities or bad decisions etc etc.

Anyone who thinks his philosophy or style of play is wrong is off the scale foolish.

It doesn’t always win but it’s without doubt changed football the way we knew it 15/20 years ago

When his teams lose they lose because they’ve wasted the opportunities they’ve created.

Anyone who thinks his philosophy or style of play is wrong is off the scale foolish.
Youve been brainwashed by the media l

Pep has changed football single handedly more than any coach that has lived.

His teams have played a brand of football that every team try to follow.

He’s always had the best players and that makes him better because the best players think they know better until they don’t.

All the egos he’s managed have to play his way or no way.

It doesn’t always win but it’s without doubt changed football the way we knew it 15/20 years ago

Except he copied it all from Cruyff, Van Gaal and others. There’s zero new about anything he’s done albeit he does it very well.

Also I had a post removed for libellous content. I won’t repeat it but he was found guilty twice so no idea how that’s libellous

It's islamaphobic when it's linked only to a single state that is an islamic state practising Sharia law. If you really had this concern about inclusion you would be highlighting the misogyny and homophobia in other states with no islamic tradition such as Russia
Typical whataboutery. I do criticise them as well, but they don’t own a PL football club.

Back