The Orville

I'm loving it so far.

It feels so much more Star Trek than Discovery does, but with McFarlane's humour thrown into the mix. As a fan of both Star Trek and McFarlane, it ticks all the boxes for me.

Really glad they've been given a second season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying Discovery too, but I'm definitely enjoying The Orville more.
Completely agree.

There was also a line that could have been straight from Red Dwarf.. something like.. "Remember Star Fleet regulation 38 Captain"? (Seth).. "What?.. No bare feet on deck"?... "No Captain thats regulation 39"? :lol:

Was it not "no breast feeding in engineering " ?
Funny line whichever

Funny line whichever

It was definitely bare feet and deck, but I think I've heard what you have said too, come to think of it so maybe an on-going joke?

Funny line whichever

We nearly got it between us. :lol:
Just checked and it's..

Isaac: Lt. Kitan has exercised Directive 38 in the execution of this program.

Mercer: No bare feet in the Engineering Section?

Last edited:
Watched the first episode on Fox the other night.... tbh felt a bit underwhelmed, after all the buzz on here about it found the episode not the least bit exciting, funny or entertaining.

Just watched the first episode. Actually feel it has potential. Felt it is more of Star Trek feel to it than Discovery does, certainly had the feel of TNG and seems have the “heart” of a Star Trek show than Discovery. I think this will probably outlasting Discovery.

Watched the first episode on Fox the other night.... tbh felt a bit underwhelmed, after all the buzz on here about it found the episode not the least bit exciting, funny or entertaining.
Stick with it, I felt the same about the 1st episode but its gets absolutely brilliant, every ep is better than the last.

Back