The Orville

Cheers. Since I dropped Sky, this is one of few things I've not been able to watch that I've wanted to.

I tend to subscribe to Disney+ for a month, watch the mandalorian and then unsubscribe again. I'll hopefully pick up season 3 when the next SW series is out.

Just watching the end of season 1 after missing it when it first came out.

It's telling that a lot of the directors/writers are Star Trek Tng alumni - which is why this is a billion times better than the shite Kurtzman has been churning out.

I am. The first episode was quite weak really story wise. Second was a bit better, but finally Star Trek in the form of SNW is better (as it should be)
Still like the show.

It's on Disney+ now
I suspect Mrs K won't watch it and I don't think I know anywhere near enough Star Trek to get the references.
Worth a watch or not?

It's on Disney+ now
I suspect Mrs K won't watch it and I don't think I know anywhere near enough Star Trek to get the references.
Worth a watch or not?
you don't need to have watched star trek tbh, it started as a pardoy of trek but very quickly became its own separate thing and the piss taking element died away.

I enjoyed the first two seasons, havent started this one yet, as @HebburnMackem says now that there's good trek on again I'll watch that first.

How have they not been sued by the makers of ST Voyager :lol: very similar opening credits, even down to the music!
The Orville copies all of the Star Trek movies music too, which I love.
The last episode was very ST:TMP.. even including the rare and custom instruments they had in that film.

Back