Status
Not open for further replies.
Bookies odds

Lowry 4/6
Fleetwood 4/1
Koepka 12/1
Rose 25/1
Holmes 45/1

4/6 implies a 60% chance. But that means there is a 40% chance he may lose it, which is a lot. I think the experience of the US Open 2016 will help him. But couple of bogeys from Lowry and couple of birdies from Fleetwood early on and we're level.

Don’t see any reason that that will happen tbh. Lowry as has been said has been in this position before so will hopefully have learned from it. It’s a whole new experience for Fleetwood being in the last group out final day of a major.
I'd agree that I don't see Lowry blowing up, but I think Fleetwood can play with a bit more freedom than most can in the final group normally with Lowry's lead. He's got experience of chasing down a lead on the final day from Shinnecock last year, hopefully he can draw on that.

Different course layout, technically not identical, that’s why they’re saying Lowry has the course record.
There are two holes on the course which didn't exist when Rory shot 61. A new tee or a new green constitutes a different course and renders the old course record redundant let alone two new holes.

Don’t see any reason that that will happen tbh. Lowry as has been said has been in this position before so will hopefully have learned from it. It’s a whole new experience for Fleetwood being in the last group out final day of a major.

Agree with this tbh. Lowry been in this position before, as well as won a WGC before so experience beating top fields. Fleetwood has always seemed a bit iffy in contention to me, although today was a rare occasion of him playing very well on a Saturday (albeit to no avail!).

Be astonished if Lowry doesn't win it from here.

As a side note, know you're a Ben Coley reader, see he ripped up both Fleetwood and Lowry! Fair play to him.

I like him, but his blow up in the US open a few years back worries me. I wonder if he's got the mental strength to get it done. If he has a bad start it could be awkward.

On a better note I had a 4 over, 77 at Woodham today. 3 over out, 1 over back. Encouraging

As a side note, know you're a Ben Coley reader, see he ripped up both Fleetwood and Lowry! Fair play to him.
Fair play yeah, he’s due one, hasn’t picked a winner for a long time, had stopped using his picks a while back, think you said the same.
Lowry was a fairly straight forward pick given his record on links, fleetwood maybe not as much (although I don’t know what his links experience is.

I like him, but his blow up in the US open a few years back worries me. I wonder if he's got the mental strength to get it done. If he has a bad start it could be awkward.

On a better note I had a 4 over, 77 at Woodham today. 3 over out, 1 over back. Encouraging
I would worry about him too a little but hopefully he’s learned from the us open and he gets it done. His interview after the round there didn’t really inspire confidence kept saying “whatever happens tomorrow”

Last edited:
Fair play yeah, he’s due one, hasn’t picked a winner for a long time, had stopped using his picks a while back, think you said the same.
Lowry was a fairly straight forward pick given his record on links, fleetwood maybe not as much (although I don’t know what his links experience is.

I would worry about him too a little but hopefully he’s learned from the us open and he gets it done. His interview after the round there didn’t really inspire confidence kept saying “whatever happens tomorrow”

There's a huge amount of pressure on him being Irish with the Open in Portrush. Hope he gets it done but I'm not confident.

Weather forecast is poor. Can see someone early setting a score and enjoying watching carnage unfold

Yeah haven't used him for a while, albeit always read his previews (and the other main tipsters) before picking my own losers!

He hasn't had a winner recently but been quite unlucky iirc. Had Cab-Bello in Ireland and he bottled the back nine. Had EVR in Scotland and he fell apart in final round from 2nd. Had another Had couple who went close at the 3M Open as well, Hadwin and Piercy I think.

Had a lot players either miss a place by one, or place in a ridiculous dead heat. Actually felt sorry for the poor bugger (until this week and I'm jealous!).

As for Tommy, got a very decent links pedigree but I ruled him out purely because he's been shit since the Arnold Palmer. Fair play to Coley.

There's a huge amount of pressure on him being Irish with the Open in Portrush. Hope he gets it done but I'm not confident.

Weather forecast is poor. Can see someone early setting a score and enjoying watching carnage unfold
If it’s bad weather for the whole day that would be perfect for Lowry, he’s great in bad weather, would be like the year Darren won.

Agree with this tbh. Lowry been in this position before, as well as won a WGC before so experience beating top fields. Fleetwood has always seemed a bit iffy in contention to me, although today was a rare occasion of him playing very well on a Saturday (albeit to no avail!).

Be astonished if Lowry doesn't win it from here.

I backed 3 of the 5 tips from Coley. Guess which 2 I left out :lol:

Different course layout, technically not identical, that’s why they’re saying Lowry has the course record.

Ah I didnt see that.

Lowry won the Irish Open at Baltray as an amateur in vile weather.

They were saying on Sky that Lowry is one of the best bad weather players and that bad weather will hep him even more, but I'm not to sure about that, its an extra element of chaos into the equation. We'll see.

Last edited:
Bookies odds

Lowry 4/6
Fleetwood 4/1
Koepka 12/1
Rose 25/1
Holmes 45/1

4/6 implies a 60% chance. But that means there is a 40% chance he may lose it, which is a lot. I think the experience of the US Open 2016 will help him. But couple of bogeys from Lowry and couple of birdies from Fleetwood early on and we're level.
Pretty generous for Lowery that mind. Tempted to lump on.

Have sky sports got some new technology they have been rolling out this week? Never heard them talking about it much tbh

This will be first time I've missed a final round in a major for a while. Maybe could catch last 45 minutes or so later but duty calls today and having a few hours family time down seaham carnival

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back