The Open 2019

Rahm has to be in with a shout, seems to love links courses, played brilliantly in the Irish Open on a very similar course and seems to be playing in a more measured way recently.

For slightly longer odds I'm also on Fleetwood, Speith, and Wallace.

Wallace, Louis, Finau and I took Weisberger before the Scottish Open. Quite why he had to win last week I've no idea. He'll miss the cut now

I'm going Rahm, Wallace and will pick another out before Thursday.

Matt Wallace and Matthew Fitzpatrick for me...think the winner will come from who hits the greens most consistently rather than the big hitters.

Went for the following, all 10 places except Rahm;

Rory 9-1
Rahm 20-1
Schauffele 22-1
Cantlay 33-1
Stenson 35-1
Kuchar 45-1
Pepperell 75-1

Used about £40 of free bets, hence why so many. Still got £20 of my pot to use, might keep for in-play. Tempted to add likes of Leishman or Simpson, but 7 is already too many I think!

Backing Day, Kuchar, Rose and Wallace.

Love golf, but this major is the most that luck plays a big part which I don’t like.

They always set it up on links where windy, fair enough, but then don’t go two tee starts which means some players teeing off a fully 8 hours after another, with links golf and the way the wind plays can be like playing two diffrent courses

The open with their big field should go two tee start like the two other majors with a big field, but they too pompous and think they too special for that, all this champion golfer of the year stuff is bollocks as well.

Last edited:
Yeah including practice days. I've a couple of mates who can sort me tickets if needs be.
Really? I didnt think the Open could sell out as you have effectively limitless space. Is this the first time? Not surprised as its not often Ireland gets such a big sporting event.

Really? I didnt think the Open could sell out as you have effectively limitless space. Is this the first time? Not surprised as its not often Ireland gets such a big sporting event.

Aye, pretty sure I've read it's the first time it's ever sold out. Bet the atmosphere is class, particularly if Rory is challenging. Be madness if he wins.

Backing Day, Kuchar, Rose and Wallace.

Love golf, but this major is the most that luck plays a big part which I don’t like.

They always set it up on links where windy, fair enough, but then don’t go two tee starts which means some players teeing off a fully 8 hours after another, with links golf and the way the wind plays can be like playing two diffrent courses

The open with their big field should go two tee start like the two other majors with a big field, but they too pompous and think they too special for that, all this champion golfer of the year stuff is bollocks as well.
I don't have a problem with the single tee start, while it's true what you say about the way the course can change and the potential disadvantage that can give some teeing off later, it's equally true of some courses that playing them the wrong way round offers a similar disadvantage. The 2 tee start at Pebble didn't make much difference to the timing either, afternoon groups were teeing off around 7 hours after the first groups.

The Champion Golfer of the Year title is surely just a tradition that's a bit of a throwback to when it was the only major Championship in golf (as opposed to now being just the biggest ;))

Back