The Open 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
His chances have massively improved after the back to back birdies. Decent chance of an eagle there to take him to +2. I reckon that would get him in, too many players at +1 for a couple of them not to drop a shot.

I actually think he'll do it now, he has that look about him where he is in the zone.

Completely buggered his tournament yesterday obviously

Amazing to think he still holds the course record 61 which he made at 16 years old :eek:

Last edited:

oops, bogeyed the par 3, back to +4 with 5 to play, he is fucked now

Rory birdies the next tough par 4, back to +3, Sky and crowd following this like its the final rd of a major :)

oops, bogeyed the par 3, back to +4 with 5 to play, he is fucked now

Rory birdies the next tough par 4, back to +3, Sky and crowd following this like its the final rd of a major :)

another birdie, down to +2 crowd going mental :lol::cool:

misses birdie putt on 17, finishes with a 65 but +2

He'll be gone looks like :cry: whatever happened to the 10 shot rule???

Last edited:
Gutted for Rory. Hopefully the Open goes back there in 10 years or so, give him another chance.
Real shame for him, he played so well today. Surprising to see just how emotional he got afterwards as well.

This course has had such a fantastic Open set up, surely it will be back on the rotation for a while now.

Real shame for him, he played so well today. Surprising to see just how emotional he got afterwards as well.

This course has had such a fantastic Open set up, surely it will be back on the rotation for a while now.

Aye, it's a superb set up, been a very good Open so far. Portrush should be a fixture for a while, keep Trump's course off the f***ing rota.

Should be a class weekend.

Aye, it's a superb set up, been a very good Open so far. Portrush should be a fixture for a while, keep Trump's course off the f***ing rota.

Should be a class weekend.
Trump can fuck off if he wants anything to do with it.

Some very popular potential winners near the top of the leaderboard, I'd love to see Westy finally get a major win.

Trump can fuck off if he wants anything to do with it.

Some very popular potential winners near the top of the leaderboard, I'd love to see Westy finally get a major win.

Aye, still think it'll be an elite/top 25 in the world player.

Depending on the weather, I think odds for 30/1ish for DJ is class. Worth pointing out though, that I have a phenomenal rate of failure for DJ, just cannot get him right.

Also like Patrick Reed from those off the pace.

Aye, still think it'll be an elite/top 25 in the world player.

Depending on the weather, I think odds for 30/1ish for DJ is class. Worth pointing out though, that I have a phenomenal rate of failure for DJ, just cannot get him right.

Also like Patrick Reed from those off the pace.
I'm a Reed fan. This course has been superb so far & the Sky coverage has been excellent

I'm a Reed fan. This course has been superb so far & the Sky coverage has been excellent

He's a tosser but he's a class player, especially if it isn't a "bombers" course - such a good short game. And if the weather is as iffy as anticipated, it might not be a bombers paradise.

Also think, if weather if iffy, Stenson and Noreen are interesting off the pace.

He's a tosser but he's a class player, especially if it isn't a "bombers" course - such a good short game. And if the weather is as iffy as anticipated, it might not be a bombers paradise.

Also think, if weather if iffy, Stenson and Noreen are interesting off the pace.
I sort of agree, but I quite like his "I Am what I am" persona. He doesn't fit into accepted norms...

I sort of agree, but I quite like his "I Am what I am" persona. He doesn't fit into accepted norms...

Yeah I know what you mean, but when you read up of his relationship (or lack of) with his family, it's almost like his wife and her family has a cult-like grip on him, which is odd.

That said, for all he's a mardy fucker, he's a lot better than DeChambeau and gets loads more grief (because he's more successful doing it). At the Ryder Cup he made a meaningless last putt and jokingly cupped his ears, obviously messing on, and some people on twitter/here reacted as if he was Satan. I thought it was pretty funny TBF to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back