***The official Lakes photo thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gan for metallic if you want the boat pushing out

at 36 inch you'll always be using a 30 x 36 inch sheet

30 inch would be a lot cheaper for you, as it would be a 30 x 10 (approx) sheet
she likes them with a card border in a wooden frame to match the bed side tables...

anar!

actually looking at frame sizes, it maybe easier to do the print 30x10 and have a 34x13 frame

Off the peg frames are very awkward for pans

Where do you find one that size?

Did you attempt any astro shots?

Would be good to organise some SMB forum astro shooting sometime, but I suspect it's a bit of a niche interest. :oops:

Smoker, I had clear skies with very little light pollution whilst on hols in Corfu. Plenty of stars visible. The app I was using was showing the milky way visible above me but i could see nowt. Do I need to do a long exposure to get it or am I just talking bollocks. Maybe should start a new thread for this.

Smoker, I had clear skies with very little light pollution whilst on hols in Corfu. Plenty of stars visible. The app I was using was showing the milky way visible above me but i could see nowt. Do I need to do a long exposure to get it or am I just talking bollocks. Maybe should start a new thread for this.

Yes... as far as I know it's a very long exposure to let enough light in to make the very dim stars visible.

I did a few at Druridge one night and I'm defo no expert but a long exposure meant thousands of stars I couldn't see with the naked eye came out in the pic

Yes... as far as I know it's a very long exposure to let enough light in to make the very dim stars visible.

I did a few at Druridge one night and I'm defo no expert but a long exposure meant thousands of stars I couldn't see with the naked eye came out in the pic

Smoker will have a motor attached to his scope to move it with the stars

Else a long exposure will give you star trails

30 seconds should be alright shouldn't it?

Seen a few shot at ISO 3200, f2.8 30 secs and they look sharp to me

30 seconds about the cut off point iirc , but smoker will know exactly

I was thinking about the glare on the water, I suspect the flare is pretty unavoidable

Did you attempt any astro shots?

Would be good to organise some SMB forum astro shooting sometime, but I suspect it's a bit of a niche interest. :oops:
Unfortunately not!
By the time the stars appeared, the gear was packed away and the beers were flowing!

However, I was asking ICBYD the perfect way to take pics of them as that'd definitely be my area of interest - so count me in for the astro group!

Unfortunately not!
By the time the stars appeared, the gear was packed away and the beers were flowing!

However, I was asking ICBYD the perfect way to take pics of them as that'd definitely be my area of interest - so count me in for the astro group!

me an'arl. I used to be into it.. I still have flash backs now and then.. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately not!

You do realise 'astro shots' is just a geeky photographers version of dogging right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back