***The official Lakes photo thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
back on track,

Cracking that - is that from the morning?

Saturday morning after legging it from the polis ;)

Sadly couldn't stay until Sunday, looks like Steed had slightly better conditions, but canna complain

Good composition but crying out for a polarising filter I think.
Smoker you'll be pleased to hear I was greeted with at least a few glistening stars to admire!
Not clear enough for a huge spectacle but I was over the moon nonetheless :)

Into the sun? :confused:

Take out the circular flares and I like Ross's pic

I was thinking about the glare on the water, I suspect the flare is pretty unavoidable

Smoker you'll be pleased to hear I was greeted with at least a few glistening stars to admire!
Not clear enough for a huge spectacle but I was over the moon nonetheless :)

Did you attempt any astro shots?

Would be good to organise some SMB forum astro shooting sometime, but I suspect it's a bit of a niche interest. :oops:

Good composition but crying out for a polarising filter I think.
I had a polariser and two grads on! The water closest to the shore is blown like.

Might google methods of removing the circular flare.

edit: thats well beyond my photoshop skills!

I had a polariser and two grads on! The water closest to the shore is blown like.

Might google methods of removing the circular flare.

edit: thats well beyond my photoshop skills!

Have fewer filters on !

There's not a lot to be done if you are pointing at a strong sun

Filters increase it, as it bounces off them. A polariser certainly won't help

I think the shot is fine... Take out the circular flares, linear flare rarely bothers me, I usually leave it alone

The healing brush on cs5 with content aware should take it out fine, do you have that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have fewer filters on !

There's not a lot to be done if you are pointing at a strong sun

Filters increase it, as it bounces off them. A polariser certainly won't help

I think the shot is fine... Take out the circular flares, linear flare rarely bothers me, I usually leave it alone

The healing brush on cs5 with content aware should take it out fine, do you have that?
I has CS5 but the larger circular flare seems harder to remove than the linear. Heres my attempt

Logon or register to see this image

Hoying a couple up on that web page in a minute ross

when using the spot healing brush, do you encompass the whole flare or nibble at it with a few small ones?

The whole lot went with one click in this case
ok I'll play about, our lass wants it printed out to 36x12 but I'm worried too much healing will be fairly noticeable at them sizes.

I might run my memory stick along with the higher quality TIFF rather than use their software.

Lustre or gloss you reckon?

Last edited:
ok I'll play about, our lass wants it printed out to 36x12 but I'm worried too much healing will be fairly noticeable at them sizes.

I might run a memory stick along with the higher quality TIFF rather than use their software.

Lustre or gloss you reckon?

Gan for metallic if you want the boat pushing out

at 36 inch you'll always be using a 30 x 36 inch sheet

30 inch would be a lot cheaper for you, as it would be a 30 x 10 (approx) sheet

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back