***The official Lakes photo thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeeeed

Winger
Thanks to everyone for coming along this weekend and making it a really good laugh. I was canny hanging on Saturday morning but walking up that hill sweated it out of me! Headed back to the Sun Inn in Hawkeshead for one of those Beef and Chorizo burgers and she tells me they've stopped serving at 5 to get ready for the night time. It was 5:01! Nearly went all Michael Douglas on her, windmilling with me tripod...

Anyhoo, lets get some photo's posted up.

I headed back to Tarn Hows for a sunrise this morning and the light was a wee bit better than Friday night. Here's a couple from there;

Logon or register to see this image

A trip to Buttermere this morning - I've put one in the monthly comp so this is a different viewpoint;

And the one you've all been waiting for (drum roll....) The Jetty shot! I counted 3 jetties on Coniston. 1 was facing the wrong direction, One was infested with charvers and the one I chose was deserted and pointing right into the sunset, so I went for that one. Enjoy (icbyd);

Amazing Paul :cool:

True to form I spent the entire time talking and messing about..

I took 50 photos, and most of them were of pints and bottles.

I quite like these 2, even though i know they're rubbish..

Nice stuff Paul except the obvious ;)

Haystacks on the compo thread my fav, a classic view, that oddly I've never seen in good enough light to shoot

On the tarn hows shots my only gripe would be the foreground, in the sense that I cannot work out if its sunlit or not? I can't see shadows on it

It's perhaps a bit too bright compared to the trees on the other side, given that I don't think there is direct sunlight on it

Filtering is tricky there I grant you. How do you like the hard grad ?

Is ken hosting mucky's up? cos there's one that would look good with the ole silver fx treatment ;)

Edit: hoying it up mucky

Here's my top 4!!

No Instagram effects whatsoever...but I did put them in a cute collage as I know how much you all love them!

If you want to see any separate just say so! :)

Be gentle...it was my first time!!

Here's my top 4!!

No Instagram effects whatsoever...but I did put them in a cute collage as I know how much you all love them!

If you want to see any separate just say so! :)

Be gentle...it was my first time!!

Post them as nature intended you massive fanny!

Well, just the two on the left ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice stuff Paul except the obvious ;)

Haystacks on the compo thread my fav, a classic view, that oddly I've never seen in good enough light to shoot

On the tarn hows shots my only gripe would be the foreground, in the sense that I cannot work out if its sunlit or not? I can't see shadows on it

It's perhaps a bit too bright compared to the trees on the other side, given that I don't think there is direct sunlight on it

Filtering is tricky there I grant you. How do you like the hard grad ?

Is ken hosting mucky's up? cos there's one that would look good with the ole silver fx treatment ;)

Edit: hoying it up mucky

Hard grad is great, don't know why I waited so long!

Re Tarn Hows, I know what you mean about the foreground. I think I'll either darken it down a bit or I was also thinking about cropping it out and going with a wider shot.

The lighting at Buttermere was great however the lake was only still for another 20 seconds after I took the shots, so I guess you just need to get lucky with both light and wind.

That jetty is crying out for a 10 stopper ?

The jetty was swaying mate. Was dying to get the 10 stop out anarl...

Hard grad is great, don't know why I waited so long!

Re Tarn Hows, I know what you mean about the foreground. I think I'll either darken it down a bit or I was also thinking about cropping it out and going with a wider shot.

The lighting at Buttermere was great however the lake was only still for another 20 seconds after I took the shots, so I guess you just need to get lucky with both light and wind.

Shame I couldn't have joined you, the show today was crap

Obvious for me, but I was thinking of turning the tarn hows into a pan too. I like the pattern of the bracken but I think you needed light on it. Did you get any light on the ground?

Ken has kindly offered to have a bit play with them and make them half decent at least :)

Ah wouldn't botha ;)

Nah, I likes em, except the colours, which ain't your fault. That's why I want to turn em monochrome

Obvious for me, but I was thinking of turning the tarn hows into a pan too. I like the pattern of the bracken but I think you needed light on it. Did you get any light on the ground?

Ah wouldn't botha ;)

Nah, I likes em, except the colours, which ain't your fault. That's why I want to turn em monochrome

There was a soft light across the scene but no direct light on the foreground (if you know what I mean...). I actually dialled in some positive exposure to brighten things up a bit but I've probably taken it too far in lightroom.

I'll most likely make them into a pan...

There was a soft light across the scene but no direct light on the foreground (if you know what I mean...). I actually dialled in some positive exposure to brighten things up a bit but I've probably taken it too far in lightroom.

I'll most likely make them into a pan...

Nice 612 format shot, yep

Ah wouldn't botha ;)

I'm really interested in seeing what you do with them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back