The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you love the office, have you ever seen this country on BBC it's absolutely brilliant

Think I did that right!

Never seen it a good show if you've never seen it too is People who just do nothing.. its a piss take of a grime MC guy really funny..

Yea that's the one like the first series tried too much to be like the UK one and that never works...

Same as US Shameless the first season tried too much to be like the UK and it was shite but then it grew into its own and its really good.

Have you seen his new film?
The one where Brent is on tour with his band?

Canny funny like... Soar like an Eagle, sit like a Pelican :lol:

I thought the film was ok... Hugely missing Merchants influence though.

I love Extras too... Great comedy

He did say that it was a David Brent film and not an Office film. More about exploring the vulnerable, desperate to be liked, well meaning but ultimately clumsy and awkward man that is David Brent rather than just doing an Office film.
It was okay I thought but not much more.

After two series and the Christmas special The Office didn't really need anything more adding to it.

Agree about Merchant's influence though. You could see what was missing in Derek and the Brent film compared to what they done in Life's Too Short, Extras and The Office and also in Merchant's own sitcom Hello Ladies

He did say that it was a David Brent film and not an Office film. More about exploring the vulnerable, desperate to be liked, well meaning but ultimately clumsy and awkward man that is David Brent rather than just doing an Office film.
It was okay I thought but not much more.

After two series and the Christmas special The Office didn't really need anything more adding to it.

Agree about Merchant's influence though. You could see what was missing in Derek and the Brent film compared to what they done in Life's Too Short, Extras and The Office and also in Merchant's own sitcom Hello Ladies
I didn’t like the film because it made Brent out to be very crude. Where as in he office he just tried too hard to be popular.
I think the comment about SM not having an influence made the difference.

Have you seen hello ladies? It’s all Steve’s work and it’s brilliant

I didn’t like the film because it made Brent out to be very crude. Where as in he office he just tried too hard to be popular.

I was shocked at how bad that film was! Almost walked out :lol:

Yes love it, mentioned it in my second paragraph

Really hope they don’t bring it back. The way it ended was brilliant and nowt really needs adding to it.
This, it ended perfectly, no need to mess with it.

The UK one is superb, bleak and dismal, the American one is however my favourite of them based on it being more cheery, upbeat and has those odd moments of sheer genius, it reminds me a bit of Arrested Development in the way you can watch it back and always find a new joke or a line you missed first time around.
Both iterations are great but the first series of the US one is worth swerving.

More fanny in the American one too which is always a bonus, i'd definitely let Erin polish my pommel.

Last edited:
Re-watching the whole lot on back of this thread. Forgot just how genius it is. Michael, Dwight, Creed, Kevin and Andy are comedy gold.

And then there is the delightful Karen (ten times fitter than Pam)
Logon or register to see this image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back