The Northern Spire Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bears no relation to this great city it’s people and it’s heritage.

I would love to see how many people actually voted, as based on all places I have read, all three names were not what the majority of the people wanted

WDSC my arse

from the echo site --------

More than 10,000 votes were cast, with Northern Spire receiving almost half of them.The votes were as follows:

Northern Spire 49%
Lumen Point 34%
The Prism 17%

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/our-...nveiled-for-sunderland-s-new-bridge-1-8891437

It'll just get known as the new bridge. Same as a road near my parents which is still referred to as the new road even though it opened around 1990.

Prism & Lumen Point :eek:

No Bridgey McBridgeface then :lol:

Well it's not a prism, and isn't a lumen something to do with light emission? So I suppose it's a bit like a spire and it's in the North, so aye, the best of a really bad bunch.

Who thought up the shortlist, was it someone in Sunderland council like?

The name isn't breathtaking, the options weren't great and there were much better ideas we could have opted for, but I don't feel angry about this, I think we will learn to live with it.

Let's put all of our efforts now behind promoting this bridge as a symbol of the North East. Too many people think that the North East is only tyneside (and sometimes Durham). Wearside does need its own place and iconography so that it can be identified from the outside as a part of this region.

The bridge has the ability, if marketed correctly, to change Sunderland's image into something much inspiring than it is of present. Ha'way Sunderland City, Ha'way Sunderland Council.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back