The Niall Quinn appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he owes the club nothing and we owe him everything

i also hope he has a free pass for life

All the best Quinny. You are an absolute hero to thousands, I hope you realise that you will be welcome anywhere in Sunderland for the rest of your life and you will never have to buy a pint here ever again.

Thank you for everything you have done for our club and for scoring one of the best goals Ive ever seen from someone who was supposed to be a target man :lol: Everyone on here will know the goal I mean, the one in the play off final season against Port Vale, that lob from the edge of the box that he knew was in before anyone else :lol:

Without Quinny we could quite easily have went the way of the two Sheffield clubs and sunk without a trace into League 1. We are now infinitely better off than when he took over. Top half of the Premier League, 1 game away from a Wembley appearance and one of the best managers in the country in charge. And it's down to him.

I think the club should go big to recognise what he has done for Sunderland AFC.

Thanks Niall we couldn't have wished for a better person to represent us on and off the pitch in your time at Sunderland. Thanks for the magic times & for taking us from the brink of bleakness to an established Premier League club.

All the best "big man" , no one will be welcome back to Wearside more than you.

Thanks for everything, :p

In a post match interview after the 1998 Play Off defeat he said.

'We either feel sorry for ourselves or come back next season, bigger, better and more determined than ever' - it seemed inspirational at the time (and it was).

Little did we know but it was only the beginning of his, now legendary, love for all things SAFC.

Niall Quinn - the most important person in all my 46 years of supporting 'The Lads'.

Thanks for everything.

I watched this interview a few days after the Play Off final and shouted at the telly come on can't wait for the new season I just knew we were going to fly though it.

I watched this interview a few days after the Play Off final and shouted at the telly come on can't wait for the new season I just knew we were going to fly though it.

Think we all did the same. That interview brought everyone connected with the club together as one. The next three seasons were the best ever :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3yIcSPzLA8&feature=related

Will dearly miss scenes like this. Can't believe he's gone :cry: So much love and passion

to a non football fan its really difficult to explain the feelings you get about your club.
your up, the hope and the let downs. The fact it'll ruin your weekend or leave you buzzing all week till the next game. the week of feeling sick before a derby game.
those what ifs..the knee jerk reactions

the countless hours wasted on message boards

but if there ever was one was of summing up all the good about out club, just point at Niall.
Bringing people together over one thing they believe in, one thing everyone wants to do well. The blokes a hero, then you realise he had no connections to the city or club until he signed, this makes him a hero in my book.

who knows where the hell we would be without him but i really doubt it would be pretty.
Thank you can never be enough

Im Pissed...but i dont care
i love niall quinn, so get the bloody stand named

Difficult to say something that hasn't been said already on here. The club will be a poorer place for him not being there, but above all I'm pleased he's left 'in tact'.

IMO he is SAFC, no one in the club's history has done more for us.

True legend, who deserves recognition IMO with a stand and a statue.

Hopefully he'll be back at the SOL many times as a supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back