The most you can drink without having a proper hangover

I never get hangovers. I usually drin Sam Smiths Pure which is about 5.5% and I can have 4 pints of that followed by a bottle of wine with no ill effects.

Had 5 pints last night in the Bamburgh then went yem and had about 5 cans then had 2 large Baileys then 2 large whiskys. Got up today then walked the dog then trained my chest and back. Piece of piss.

Anywhere between 4-8 pints is a step into the unknown for me, sometimes it’s fine, sometimes it’s awful. Depends on what’s in your stomach as well mind. Good bit of bait will put a dent in it & tilt the scales in your favour.

Anything after that I’m usually dead behind the eyes next day. I’m never sick, can battle through, but just not worth it anymore. Key is to make yourself get up & do stuff to start shifting it.

Probably about 4 or 5 pints.
Don’t drink a great deal now as I hate how it affects me the next day. Despise being hungover where I used to not give a fuck
Same mate. I avoid nights out like the plague. My mates call me boring but I simply can’t stand being ill, especially when it’s self-inflicted through booze.

I’d rather go out and have a few beers and watch a match down the pub then head home around 10pm. Don’t see the fascination in being out till 2am and then having to write the whole of the next day off. Especially since we all have partners and kids. We’re all in our early 30s but some of my mates seem unable to accept that and still go on like they’re 18.

Last edited:
Probably about 4 or 5 pints.

Same mate. I avoid nights out like the plague. My mates call me boring but I simply can’t stand being ill, especially when it’s self-inflicted through booze.

I’d rather go out and have a few beers and watch a match down the pub then head home around 10pm. Don’t see the fascination in being out till 2am and then having to write the whole of the next day off. Especially since we all have partners and kids. We’re all in our early 30s but some of my mates seem unable to accept that and still go on like they’re 18.
I'm now in my late 30's. Just struggle with the off switch. Hoping the recent 6 months off it has reset me. I think the penny is starting to drop, but I say that as a sober guy. 5 pints in and the 'one more won't hurt' mentality could creep in.

Long time ago I was hungover and worked (attended) Saturday overtime. In the 4 hours I was there I managed to undo 3 out of 8 bolts holding a propshaft on, finished the job on the Monday morning.
These days don't drink enough to get a hangover.

8 pints and a couple jagers, or 10 pints is usually groggy but not spewing territory for me. About 6/7 is the holy grail though......happy, ready for karaoke but no after effects 😅

I haven't had a hangover for a very, very long time. I estimate yesterday's intake to have been around 10 pints and a few whiskies. Bright eyed and bushy tailed after 4 or 5 hours sleep. Might go for a run before I put the turkey in.

If I stick to ale then 8-9 pints and I'm generally OK as long as I remember to eat at some point.

I usually only drink lager on holiday and I can't stomach more than 5-6 pints without being bloated so have to switch to wine. That's when it gets dangerous.

Drank 7 pints on Saturday and was rough on Sunday.
Drank 12 pints the Saturday before and felt fine on the. Sunday.
More or less the same drinks.

Had 9 pints on the Coventry game as I still felt like shite yesterday.

Schwarma and chips to f8nush the evening didn’t help my guts out either like

Some days I feel hungover without having a drink.
I had 3 cans during the day of brewdog and then a bottle of red from 7-midnight
Guts are telling me I’ve had too much but I feel ok now I’m up and about. Fires stoked up, kettle was on and all before 7.

Last edited:
It's a myth like. It's the alcohol that knacks you, nothing else. You'll get a raging hangover if you drink 15 pints of Augustiner.

Reckon on a normal work night, 5 pints would send me into mild hangover territory. Headache the next day, feeling a bit groggy. Any more than that and I'd be in trouble.
It isn't a myth mind. The chemicals in cheap processed lagers, cheap wines and cheap spirits do make you feel worse. For spirits a good rule of thumb is, if it's less than 38% don't touch it. Which is the exact opposite to what you thought.

Back