The most you can drink without having a proper hangover

gatopreto

Winger
As the the title states.
"Proper hangover" is subjective but I'd define it as where you experience nausea, tiredness and have a headache, where you would struggle to function well, for example, at work. Where you need to take painkillers. You may be vomitting but at least feel sick.

I normally drink beer around 4.5 - 5%. For me in pint of beer terms if I have more than 2 I can feel it slightly the next day. Not hungover but it takes the edge off me and is noticeable. However it's not until I have 6 or more pints that I could be struggling as described above. But it varies. Sometimes I could have 8 and be fine. In my younger days I'd have a dozen and sometimes get away with it.

So overall for me to guarantee not having a hangover I'd have to have a 5 pint limit.

I know the pace of drinking comes into play here as well but if I drink too slowly, which is rare, I become hungover/fatigued . Therefore IMO If you are only having 5 pints realistically you can only drink for 4 hours max otherwise would become just tired.

Whats your view SMB drinkers?

Depends on the drink. I can put away a fair whack of vodka with no hangover whatsoever and amaretto is much the same I found. Red wine depends on how good it is. A really decent bottle will not give me much more than a slightly rough feeling next day, whereas cheap stuff really knacks the morning after

As the the title states.
"Proper hangover" is subjective but I'd define it as where you experience nausea, tiredness and have a headache, where you would struggle to function well, for example, at work. Where you need to take painkillers. You may be vomitting but at least feel sick.

I normally drink beer around 4.5 - 5%. For me in pint of beer terms if I have more than 2 I can feel it slightly the next day. Not hungover but it takes the edge off me and is noticeable. However it's not until I have 6 or more pints that I could be struggling as described above. But it varies. Sometimes I could have 8 and be fine. In my younger days I'd have a dozen and sometimes get away with it.

So overall for me to guarantee not having a hangover I'd have to have a 5 pint limit.

I know the pace of drinking comes into play here as well but if I drink too slowly, which is rare, I become hungover/fatigued . Therefore IMO If you are only having 5 pints realistically you can only drink for 4 hours max otherwise would become just tired.

I’m always pissed so don’t get hungover

Don’t drink a great deal now as I hate how it affects me the next day. Despise being hungover where I used to not give a fuck
The same for me. It used to feel like it was worth it. Now it doesn't. I stopped completely for 6 months which has reset my relationship with it. I'm looking to get back on it but in a more disciplined way.

As the the title states.

A couple of years ago it was “all day” how anyone can count them god only knows. Recently started to pay on card And usually about 9/10. Can’t get a hangover anymore as would probably hoy up drinking any more than that. I’ve got a mate who can drink double that easily and always seems ok in the morning. (On holidays etc…..I don’t sleep with him)👍

If I drink red wine I’m always guaranteed a hangover.

Christmas works night out I had ten pints mixture of madri, neck oil, cobra and staropramen and about 2-3 shots and managed work the next day.

I find if I don’t eat something substantial I’m absolutely rough as toast.

Think I’ve been hungover once this year.

A couple of years ago it was “all day” how anyone can count them god only knows. Recently started to pay on card And usually about 9/10. Can’t get a hangover anymore as would probably hoy up drinking any more than that. I’ve got a mate who can drink double that easily and always seems ok in the morning. (On holidays etc…..I don’t sleep with him)👍
I used to know a lad like that. Remember being in blackpool there was a buffet breakfast. Nobody could stomach anything but he we filling his plate. Then we were all dying on and he was raring to start supping again.
Dunno. My problem is when I have a couple I need to sink a load. Then have a shit hangover.

So I'll stop off the booze tonight to stay good for tomorrow.
Aye once I've got a taste for it I tend to lose all sense. I kid myself I can drink like a fish and be alright.
If I drink red wine I’m always guaranteed a hangover.

Christmas works night out I had ten pints mixture of madri, neck oil, cobra and staropramen and about 2-3 shots and managed work the next day.

I find if I don’t eat something substantial I’m absolutely rough as toast.

Think I’ve been hungover once this year.
That's good going that. 9 times out of 10 that would put me in trouble. Unless the pints were really spread out.

Last edited:
I used to know a lad like that. Remember being in blackpool there was a buffet breakfast. Nobody could stomach anything but he we filling his plate. Then we were all dying on and he was raring to start supping again.

Aye once I've got a taste for it I tend to lose all sense. I kid myself I can drink like a fish and be alright.

That's good going that. 9 times out of 10 that would put me in trouble. Unless the pints were really spread out.
Went out 6pm got home at 3.30am so pretty spread out and I’m a lass, I would say lady but given the amount of pints I drink I won’t use that title 🤣

If I don’t mix my drinks I’m fine.
Summer: lager and tequila/vodka.
Winter: dark beer and whisky.
Or only red wine.
Before I go to bed I’ll have a glass of apple cider vinegar with bicarbonate of soda.
Saw Safc v wba mixed my drinks all day remember leaving ‘The Avenue’ and woke up in Simonside!

As the the title states.

It depends on the quality of the booze.

Decent ales, quality spirits… quite a lot.

Shite lager e.g Carling, Fosters… not much.

It’s drinking chemical sludge like that which causes bad hangovers.

Depends if I've had a decent amount of food or not .

But 4 or 5 Guinness on an empty stomach will feel ok next day

Anything more and I feel laggy... Mix it with spirits on top and I'm useless

If it's decent stuff then on average eight pints will have me on a wobbler the day after. For me it's more about sleep than booze. I can have a skinful but if I'm in bed by about ten and get a good night's kip I'm fine. If it's a late one then I'm absolutely frigged the day after, even if I've flattened less drinks.

Back