The most you can drink without having a proper hangover

Always been a bit of a binge drinker, nothing for a week or so then a session.
Never really hits me with a hangover.
But a couple of glasses of Port and I’m done.

To an extent I agree but had some nasty hangovers off the "pure" German stuff
It's a myth like. It's the alcohol that knacks you, nothing else. You'll get a raging hangover if you drink 15 pints of Augustiner.

Reckon on a normal work night, 5 pints would send me into mild hangover territory. Headache the next day, feeling a bit groggy. Any more than that and I'd be in trouble.

As the the title states.
"Proper hangover" is subjective but I'd define it as where you experience nausea, tiredness and have a headache, where you would struggle to function well, for example, at work. Where you need to take painkillers. You may be vomitting but at least feel sick.

I normally drink beer around 4.5 - 5%. For me in pint of beer terms if I have more than 2 I can feel it slightly the next day. Not hungover but it takes the edge off me and is noticeable. However it's not until I have 6 or more pints that I could be struggling as described above. But it varies. Sometimes I could have 8 and be fine. In my younger days I'd have a dozen and sometimes get away with it.

So overall for me to guarantee not having a hangover I'd have to have a 5 pint limit.

I know the pace of drinking comes into play here as well but if I drink too slowly, which is rare, I become hungover/fatigued . Therefore IMO If you are only having 5 pints realistically you can only drink for 4 hours max otherwise would become just tired.

Whats your view SMB drinkers?
I can honestly say as I sit here at the age of 48 that I have never had a hangover in my life. Doesn't matter if I mix my drinks or not, for some reason I just wake up without the after effects.

Always been a bit of a binge drinker, nothing for a week or so then a session.
Never really hits me with a hangover.
But a couple of glasses of Port and I’m done.
i'm similar.
when i used to drink lager many moons ago i'd always have a headache/feel rough. nowadays i drink beers and never really suffer. port is my downfall as i love a port chaser with a pint.

well I had 5 pints last night before moving on to a couple of non-alcoholics and I was fresh enough to do 50 lengths in the pool this morning.

I reckon 6 or 7 and I would’ve been lazy, lethargic, tired, headache.

well I had 5 pints last night before moving on to a couple of non-alcoholics and I was fresh enough to do 50 lengths in the pool this morning.

I reckon 6 or 7 and I would’ve been lazy, lethargic, tired, headache.
I think I'm about the same as you.
Good tactic to move on to non alcoholics at that point

Back