The moment you realised you were a grown up

After a long night in the Maternity Ward. Wife went through hell - all shit breaking loose - doctors , pumps , wires and god knows what else there.

Then suddenly the cry of my baby girl.

Went outside Royal Preston Hospital into the most glorious spring morning. Sat on a grassy mound - not a soul around. Lit a big cigar - then I thought.....

It’s not all about you anymore lad.
You know, I don’t think I had that moment of clarity when the kids were born. The first one I was close to the end of visiting time so I just went home and did my normal thing. Second one was the same, but we had a vital relegation clash so my mind was also on that. In the end the mags got relegated instead, so I went on a massive bender and was unable to bring the baby home the next day as I was too hungover.

You know, I don’t think I had that moment of clarity when the kids were born. The first one I was close to the end of visiting time so I just went home and did my normal thing. Second one was the same, but we had a vital relegation clash so my mind was also on that. In the end the mags got relegated instead, so I went on a massive bender and was unable to bring the baby home the next day as I was too hungover.

You're not even joking are you?

Back