The moment you realised you were a grown up

When i decided i wasn't going to let our shit results and form ruin my weekends. So about 3 or 4 weeks ago. They've ruled my life for 50 years. Now i seem to be able to just not think about it. I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not.

I’m guessing it all hits us at different stages of our lives - that moment when you Do one little thing and it alters your perception of yourself forever.

Mine was playing WWE Warzone and getting a stiffy at the loading screen - was a picture of Sable in her wrestling gear.

Was my first proper erection and wasn’t sure what to do with it so kind of grinded against my bedroom door frame for a bit. I knew instantly things had changed.

When did you know you’d waved goodbye to adolescence?

I can never remember not getting a stiffy or being interested in sex .Even as a little lad I used to go mad with the bugle and want a shag etc .

I feel old now when I look in he mirror as I see my dad looking back at me.
As our lass gets older she’s starting to look like her mar,luckily for me her mar was a fine looking Gilf.

I’m guessing it all hits us at different stages of our lives - that moment when you Do one little thing and it alters your perception of yourself forever.

Mine was playing WWE Warzone and getting a stiffy at the loading screen - was a picture of Sable in her wrestling gear.

Was my first proper erection and wasn’t sure what to do with it so kind of grinded against my bedroom door frame for a bit. I knew instantly things had changed.

When did you know you’d waved goodbye to adolescence?
Doesn't sound very grown up

Sometimes I don't think I've grown up but then many things make me realise I have.
I'm still nuts around the family though and sing silly songs with rude words in and all that stuff.

On a serious note though, I'd say I grew up when I realised having a bad attitude to a lot of things and thinking it was ok to drink drive without thinking of consequences was abruptly stopped by me waking up after standing in court and being banned for a year and fined £250 with £20 costs added for good measure.

My wife was in hospital having our second child (son, 28 now) as I had to nip to court to get my just desserts.
I vowed from that time I'd grow up and even went to the town immediately after being banned and bought a tumble drier, a hoover and a microwave with the proceeds of selling my car (cortina mk5) for £500 which is what I paid for it.

I'd went to court with the intention of paying the fine there and then to get it out of my system rather than pay weekly.
I set £250 aside to pay it off.
As soon as I was fined £250 I was set....until the prosecutor piped up with "and we will be applying for £20 costs."

Now as much as I accepted I was guilty and in the wrong and what not, I did decide that she took a liberty with the £20 costs, so when I was asked how I could pay, I said " I'll pay £5 a week" to which I was told I'd be paying £10 a week, which was fair enough.

It enabled me to lavish my wife and newborn, on top of buying the appliances.
But it really did make me grow up.

I'd love to say I grew up when my daughter was born (she's 31) but I'd be lying. :oops:

Last edited:

Back