The Masters 2024

Sometimes went to Elmore in Easington Lane
That episode in Still Game had nothing on this place
Quad bikes, people in ponds nicking balls, There once was a caravanette parked next to 16th Green. 😎
We tried it once and there was a football match on the 3rd or 4th fairway (they moved aside to let us play thru) - and about the 6th the water hazard was full of bairns - the green nearest the car park was so hard that balls bounced into the cars 😆

We tried it once and there was a football match on the 3rd or 4th fairway (they moved aside to let us play thru) - and about the 6th the water hazard was full of bairns - the green nearest the car park was so hard that balls bounced into the cars 😆
Aye it was tragic & brilliant it was. :lol:

Quad bikes, people in ponds nicking balls, There once was a caravanette parked next to 16th Green. 😎

The view from the first tee at my local municipal (Warley Woods) with the green being up by the Water Tower.. kin miles man! :eek:

:lol:

Logon or register to see this image

The crowd is not very diverse to say the least
They didn't half cheer Tiger.
Even worse is they'd nick your ball on the blind shot near the lake then try to sell you your ball .

Last edited:
He’s half decent scheffler like
Told the wife I'd stuck £50 quid on him, she went ape, Gonna tell her he came 2nd 1 shot behind..£££
They didn't half cheer Tiger.

Even worse is they'd nick your ball on the blind shot near the lake then try to sell you your ball .
Aye, What made me laugh the most was that their wellies were nearly bigger than them. :lol:

Last edited:
Well done Scottie. Class player and good luck with fatherhood , gonna be a lucky bairn regards pocket money ( bet he doesn't have to nick empty pop bottles from shop backyard and sell them back to the same shop)

And theres me calling the golf ball pinchers earlier :)

Last edited:
A bit surprised you say you haven't heard of most of the players featured recently, all the top 5 were in the last Ryder Cup and are fairly household names in golf, even Ludvig has become a household name despite this only being his first major.

To be fair, the endless as breaks, of which there have been way more than on the other 3 days, do make it harder to maintain a rhythm while watching.

Golf to me has always been a good walk spoilt, by hitting a ball, so other than Woods, none of them are household names. This is the point I'm making, as someone who might want to try and follow golf, they make it very difficult. I have followed F1 for 25+ years and it infuriates me when they repeatedly explain stuff, but I understand it's for the newer viewers, and that's a far more technical sport.

Bit of a weird day to be honest. At the turn it looked like we were in for an all time classic, then as was suggested, "the corner" had its say and Scheffler simultaneously slammed the door, contest over just like that.

He's a seriously impressive golfer and fully deserving of this title. I think we'll see him and Ludvig in contention at majors again this year.

What a f***ing player, hope he wins a few more this year
Bit of a weird day to be honest. At the turn it looked like we were in for an all time classic, then as was suggested, "the corner" had its say and Scheffler simultaneously slammed the door, contest over just like that.

He's a seriously impressive golfer and fully deserving of this title. I think we'll see him and Ludvig in contention at majors again this year.

Yep

he stepped it up at the right time 3 birdies in 4 when the others dropped a shot

Back