The Masters 2024

Left work with 4 players on -6, got home to the Scheffler show, opposite of last night.
I just can't see him throwing this away but hopefully lovely lovely Ludvig * can keep him honest.

*Clockwork Orange reference

That's put it to bed on 14, there just aren't enough holes for Ludvig to pull it back and Scottie isn't going to hand him those shots.

Fantastic golf from Scheffler once again, it's going to be another procession, but with a champion's performance to do it.

Its like watching Ronnie O'Sullivan playing snooker..but this is on a table a few thousand times bigger

I just don't see it. I don't know if it's the coverage that makes it so much harder to follow for the neutral, but with snooker you can easily see when one player is dominating, their safety, their attacking and their break building. I'm trying with this, but it bounces about so much between players I've never heard of makes it impossible to know what's going on. The only reasons I can see for anyone getting into golf is to spending some time with their mates on the course with a few drinks afterwards. It's a snoozefest other than that.

could be a sniff here
I just don't see it. I don't know if it's the coverage that makes it so much harder to follow for the neutral, but with snooker you can easily see when one player is dominating, their safety, their attacking and their break building. I'm trying with this, but it bounces about so much between players I've never heard of makes it impossible to know what's going on. The only reasons I can see for anyone getting into golf is to spending some time with their mates on the course with a few drinks afterwards. It's a snoozefest other than that.
Can't agree the majors are some of the best sport on TV

Oh I love the majors. Especially when arbing 20 players!

A bit surprised you say you haven't heard of most of the players featured recently, all the top 5 were in the last Ryder Cup and are fairly household names in golf, even Ludvig has become a household name despite this only being his first major.

To be fair, the endless as breaks, of which there have been way more than on the other 3 days, do make it harder to maintain a rhythm while watching.

Sometimes went to Elmore in Easington Lane
That episode in Still Game had nothing on this place
Quad bikes, people in ponds nicking balls, There once was a caravanette parked next to 16th Green. 😎

Back