The Masters 2024

Brett

Striker
Always love the masters, think I'm going to have a couple of quid on John Rahm.

Rory to fall apart and then have one good round when it doesn't matter

Hovland and Theegaala for me so far.

Will probably end up backing a couple of others too.

Hopefully Scottie doesn't just run away with it.

Scheffele
Fitzpatrick
Wyndham Clark

Will be my main three, plus a couple of silly £1 bets on 1st round leader. Someone like the bloke who won last weekend and the journeyman who won a few weeks ago for the first time in years.

From a TV coverage point of view it's the worst major of the year. Ridiculous you have to wait till 8pm Thursday (UK time) for proper coverage to be shown on sky. The Saturday or Sunday you could have have two players tearing the place apart and you forced to be scratching about on the app to see there progress. Fwiw the app is absolutely fantastic but it's just not the same as watching the proper coverage

Have they reduced some of those restrictions this year?
From a TV coverage point of view it's the worst major of the year. Ridiculous you have to wait till 8pm Thursday (UK time) for proper coverage to be shown on sky. The Saturday or Sunday you could have have two players tearing the place apart and you forced to be scratching about on the app to see there progress. Fwiw the app is absolutely fantastic but it's just not the same as watching the proper coverage

Its got better over the last few years but no where near how good it should be

Have they reduced some of those restrictions this year?

I've no idea marra tbh. Noticed skys proper coverage starts 7.30pm Thursday which suggest half an hour of waffle before coverage starts 8pm which what it normally is iirc. Between featured groups, amen corner, the app you can see plenty of action before the main broadcast starts but it's just not the same as sitting back relaxing watching the main coverage imo
Its got better over the last few years but no where near how good it should be

Years ago live coverage started when the leaders hit the back nine 😀. Wasn't that long ago they use to hold off till the leaders teed off

Last edited:
Finau or Matsuyama for me with expectation that Scheffler will be there or there abouts too.

All three top 25 in greens in regulation this year which i'm sure I seen a stat that the recent winners of the comp have always been towards top of standings for this stat when taking the green jacket.

I really think Finau will be where my money is going e/w @ 40/1

Is the coverage the same in the US? Just thinking if firestick might pick up one of their channels if they show a bit more coverage.

Also in a couple of comps, if anyone is interested drop me a PM with email address and i'll forward the details over. Nothing to do with this board, but all well ran with good amount of entries (last year think the winner of 1 took back over £2k

Back