The Mandalorian.

Just watched the first episode of Boba. Enjoyed it in the main but thought the fight scene was a bit dodgy. The actors who play Boba and his sidekick are a fair age and they didn’t really move like trained fighters, might’ve been better if they’d used stunt doubles a bit more.
The Mandolorian got off to a slowish start too so I’m not worried that this won’t live up to expectations. I don’t see how they’ll top the final scene from that show though, that was just amazing

Last edited:
Just watched the first episode of Boba. Enjoyed it in the main but thought the fight scene was a bit dodgy. The actors who play Boba and his sidekick are a fair age and they didn’t really move like trained fighters, might’ve been better if they’d used stunt doubles a bit more.

Thought the first bit was brilliant but tailed off after that. Bit too much reinvention going on for me (sand people and even Fett was supposed to be a feared scumbag) and the slimming world Gamorrean Guards look shit

The Mandolorian got off to a slowish start too so I’m not worried that this won’t live up to expectations. I don’t see how they’ll top the final scene from that show though, that was just amazing
Go back and watch it. It didn't.

Thought the first bit was brilliant but tailed off after that. Bit too much reinvention going on for me (sand people and even Fett was supposed to be a feared scumbag) and the slimming world Gamorrean Guards look shit

They changed the sand people in the Mando where they teamed up with them to fight the Krayt Dragon so maybe this is just an extension of that. Didn’t seem out of place that Fett would roll with them after getting out the pit and that he may have changed after being stuck down there. It’s unclear how long he spent in there too.

Agreed about the guards, they looked strange.
Go back and watch it. It didn't.

It did imo. Great opening scene and the next few episodes were a bit slow. This seems to be following that pattern.

Last edited:

Ming-Na Wen does alright for a lass just turning 60.

Quite enjoyed the first episode, seeing that Jon Favreau is the writer again hopefully he can keep up the standard he set in Mandalorian

Ming-Na Wen does alright for a lass just turning 60.

Quite enjoyed the first episode, seeing that Jon Favreau is the writer again hopefully he can keep up the standard he set in Mandalorian

She does indeed, she looks great and your never peg her for 60 until she has to fight. It’s a minor gripe I have, I did enjoy it on the whole.
Definitely think the Twi’lek who owns the cantina is going to be the antagonist. Think she heads up the crew who were raiding the moisture farm.

Last edited:
She does indeed, she looks great and your never peg her for 60 until she has to fight. It’s a minor gripe I have, I did enjoy it on the whole.
Definitely think the Twi’lek who owns the cantina is going to be the antagonist. Think she heads up the crew who were raiding the moisture farm.
Fact she’s played by Jennifer Beals signaled there’s a lot more to her than meets the eye. Still looks class for a 58 year old. Although not as good as Agent Mae.

The gamorrean guards being a bit more warrior like was my only gripe really. Enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed that. It is just setting the scene and telling how Boba got where he was, but lots of nods to star wars nerd stuff.

Back