The Manchester Derby

Disagree entirely. The wilderness years they currently experience would've been exacerbated as at the time Arsenal were very strong. They won the double in 2002, Liverpool were 2nd, Man United were 3rd and Newcastle 4th.
In 2003 arsenal blew a massivs lead. At one poibt Newcastle were 7 points off the top with games in hand. Ferguson's man united beat us 6-2 to end that one.
No other manager coming in would've carried on Fergies dominance, as it was nowhere near set in stone to start with
Maybe not carried on his dominance but not win a league title in the subsequent 6 years ?

I struggle to believe that. I’ve lived here for 10 years now and I have t met a single person who does.

Liverpool to Man Utd are like Newcastle to Sunderland.

Man City to Man Utd are like Middlesbrough to Sunderland.

I read it wrong. I was trying to call out the idea they hate City more. But you didn't say that, I just read it all wrong.

Around 2001 Man United were the dominant force in English football, any manager worth his salt would have won their fair share of trophies in the subsequent years.

The plan was Sven iirc so not sure how that would have worked out. Big culture shock from Ferguson to Sven for the squad.

Back