The Manchester Derby

Think United will want City to win to be honest. They should be putting one of the banners up that they had for years when city hadn’t won owt.
29years isn’t it?

I dislike Liverpool.

This is an urban myth according to my Everton supporting work colleagues.
I think it always used to be the friendly derby, especially after Hillsborough, but maybe changed around late 90s.

Last edited:
I do want City to win it but what is it exactly people are expecting if Liverpool win the league??? Dont read the papers, dont watch the news if it bothers people that much. Leicester pulled of the greatest ever achievement in football and now it's just history that no one really talks about that much. Life will go on if Liverpool win it, dont worry to much about it.

I find that odd however believable
It may be a generational thing from a football point of view. For the most part City have never really been rivals, they were the little kids next door. That may now change with the younger generation.

Never underestimate the hatred between Mancs and Scousers though, many of us older mancs were brought up with it :lol: My grandad taught me to detest Scousers from an early age. The rivalry goes back to the old rag trade days. When the cotton mills of Manchester were first booming Liverpool was the closest port and (according to Manc legend) the Scouse port authorities started to take the piss with pricing which threatened Manchester jobs. Hence the building of the Manchester ship canal to cut out Liverpool and the birth of Salford docks which impacted Liverpool jobs.

Not many still around who will remember those days but that bitterness has been passed through generations for many Mancs and Scousers.

Man utd aren't in a position to pick and choose who they'd rather wins the title - lose and they can say good bye to the champions League for another season at least.

I do want City to win it but what is it exactly people are expecting if Liverpool win the league??? Dont read the papers, dont watch the news if it bothers people that much. Leicester pulled of the greatest ever achievement in football and now it's just history that no one really talks about that much. Life will go on if Liverpool win it, dont worry to much about it.
Yes people could avoid those things but it would just be better if they won fuck all.

Man utd aren't in a position to pick and choose who they'd rather wins the title - lose and they can say good bye to the champions League for another season at least.

Agree, man United aren't In a position to pick and chose whether they win or lose against man city. This isnt an episode or coronation street.

That bit in bold is doing a hell of a lot of work. If Ferguson had left then....in 2001...

But 6 league titles, a champions league, 2 runners up in the champions league, an FA Cup, and 3 League Cups renders your argument as absolutely mental.

Did you take the time to sit and write all that down before typing it up?

Back