The Manchester Derby

Man Utd fans will happily see their side lose if it means City win the league and Liverpool don't.
But, like you've correctly argued before, the fans wishes will have no impact on the result. If City win it'll be because they're much better than Utd.

Anyway, once the game kicks off I'm confident the Utd fans in the ground will want to win the game and back their team.

Will be a hard night for the Scousers cheering United on :lol:
Not really, it's a no brainer. A point will do anyway ;)

Last edited:
But, like you've correctly argued before, the fans wishes will have no impact on the result. If City win it'll be because they're much better than Utd.

Anyway, once the game kicks off I'm confident the Utd fans in the ground will want to win the game and back their team.

Not really, it's a no brainer. A point will do anyway ;)

Agreed, my point has always been about what the fans want. Never argued a bunch of foreign players will care. And I agree about the backing. Although doubt they'll be gutted if they lose, bit like your lot when they hardly celebrated goals against Blackburn on the last day of the season when they pipped man utd to the title.

Agreed, my point has always been about what the fans want. Never argued a bunch of foreign players will care. And I agree about the backing. Although doubt they'll be gutted if they lose, bit like your lot when they hardly celebrated goals against Blackburn on the last day of the season when they pipped man utd to the title.
My memories of the Blackburn game are that the build up was dominated by reports that all Liverpool fans wanted a Blackburn win. Post match everyone celebrated their league victory. However, as the game played out, the fans in the ground supported the team and the winner was celebrated like any other normal goal. I expect OT will be similar on Wednesday. Can you imagine a load of Salford lads being happy with city winning because I can't, regardless of their attitude towards Scousers.

Back