The mags are claiming Durham CC now

There have now been about 100 pages on this topic since the start of the season. Astonishing.

And still the opposing parties can not agree (and probably never will).

That wise poster @Twisted says it should be ignored. He’s right.

There have now been about 100 pages on this topic since the start of the season. Astonishing.

i've never been so insulted in all my life

They, as in the city and the football club, decided to take it up because it is predominantly about Newcastle. Are you saying I’m wrong and it’s not?

:lol: Ffs

You’re always wrong yet you always think you’re right. That’s your problem.

Hard to ignore when people who don’t like cricket start a thread slagging off Durham cricket club with absolutely no knowledge

Brandon n co rightly been sticking up for the club, it’s great to see.

Keep footy people out of it. If they can’t handle that song then they’re not welcome as far as I’m concerned

Last edited:

Hard to ignore when people who don’t like cricket start a thread slagging off Durham cricket club with absolutely no knowledge

Keep footy people out of it. If they can’t handle that song then they’re not welcome as far as I’m concerned

Is it not predominantly about Newcastle?

Who doesn’t think they’re right when they post something? Would you post something you believe to be untrue?

I’d prefer to say they’re all welcome provided they don’t expect their narrow footballing prejudices to carry over to a different sport with a different geographical remit and its own cultural history.

Even on its narrow definition (ignoring its role under the ECB elite partnering initiative to be representative of the whole North East) DCCC covers the traditional county from the Tyne to the Tees and so includes majority mag areas, and for that matter, Boro, Darlo and Pool as well. You can’t expect the club to parrot SAFC prejudices.

I'll always stick up for my home county and cricket club against these type of people.

No it’s not. Just because you say it is doesn’t mean you’re right. You’re wrong The fact Newcastle also decided to take it up isn’t Durham’s fault

Typical post by you like tbf

Yep or calls me a mackem

I’m neither, Durham lad and proud. Best place in the country.
Which is maybe why you are not trying to understand those of us who are Sunderland lads and proud of it won’t associate with bat banging about the Scotswood road
I'll always stick up for my home county and cricket club against these type of people.
What type of people ?

Too right Marra same, “no identity” was the worse one

Can’t think of any cricket team with more identity than Durham like.
Which is maybe why you are not trying to understand those of us who are Sunderland lads and proud of it won’t associate with bat banging about the Scotswood road

What type of people ?

Yea mate I’m not meaning to have ago like. But it’s always been sang. Just because the mags football team hijacked it, doesn’t make it wrong for Durham to sing, and they shouldn’t change because of that.

It’s an old song

Last edited:
I’d prefer to say they’re all welcome provided they don’t expect their narrow footballing prejudices to carry over to a different sport with a different geographical remit and its own cultural history.

Even on its narrow definition (ignoring its role under the ECB elite partnering initiative to be representative of the whole North East) DCCC covers the traditional county from the Tyne to the Tees and so includes majority mag areas, and for that matter, Boro, Darlo and Pool as well. You can’t expect the club to parrot SAFC prejudices.
But it's OK to parrot mag prejudices (copy their anthem)?

I was going to point out that Durham CCC have played at Gosforth but I won’t in fear of further inflaming the debate.

Mention whatever you like, Durham CCC played at a number of venues* in the early days which fell outside of the modern county boundaries. Lately, they’ve had ‘home’ games that were unquestionably outside of Durham County and there was once a time when I was vehemently against the idea, but it’s worth acknowledging that we (DCCC) represent far more than just our own geographical county and it’s right, in my opinion, that the club attempt to embrace the entire region where possible.

*Gosforth, Jesmond, Stockton, Hartlepool, Darlington.
But it's OK to parrot mag prejudices (copy their anthem)?

That’s a fairly ridiculous definition of prejudices…

Last edited:
Mention whatever you like, Durham CCC played at a number of venues* in the early days which fell outside of the modern county boundaries. Lately, they’ve had ‘home’ games that were unquestionably outside of Durham County and there was once a time when I was vehemently against the idea, but it’s worth acknowledging that we (DCCC) represent far more than just our own geographical county and it’s right, in my opinion, that the club attempt to embrace the entire region where possible.

*Gosforth, Jesmond, Stockton, Hartlepool, Darlington.

That’s a fairly ridiculous definition of prejudices…
Aye, it kinda came out wrong. I meant prejudiced against sunderland fans by singing mag anthems.

Back