The mags are claiming Durham CC now

Why have you ignored the rest of my post?
Because it's irrelevant. Why have you no outrage to this song been sang on the fields of Durham City Centre every year for absolutely donkeys years? Why are you suddenly outraged about Durham Cricket club for? Why do you think Durham has no identity?

Because it's irrelevant. Why have you no outrage to this song been sang on the fields of Durham City Centre every year for absolutely donkeys years? Why are you suddenly outraged about Durham Cricket club for? Why do you think Durham has no identity?
Do people from Newcastle go to the big meeting?

I and many others couldn't care less about those people. They're absolutely meaningless to the club and the club won't be the slightest bit arsed either and rightly so. The fact Sunderland fans lifted the tune of a "Newcastle Anthem" and changed the words seems to be acceptable which I find odd logic
Never being chanted for a lot of years that one Gordy..

Good for them. We may be getting to the bottom of why a famous Newcastle folk song is getting sung at Durham then.

Using your logic, why don't you just sing the Blaydon Races at Sunderland games?
People have answered your question. You've just decided to keep ignoring it.
Good for them. We may be getting to the bottom of why a famous Newcastle folk song is getting sung at Durham then.
Ask the club like someone told you to days ago

Last edited:
People have answered your question. You've just decided to keep ignoring it.

Ask the club like someone told you to days ago
It's an interesting question. I wonder who come up with the idea? Seems a funny choice of anthem. To me anyway. I would say 95% of people ,even in the north east, would associate that song more with Newcastle than Durham

It’s a song associated with Newcastle both locally and nationally.

If you’re going down the route of speaking nationally, people from the majority of the country think that anyone from North of Stockton, East of Carlisle and South of Berwick are Geordies… So I’m not sure we can rely on their judgement.

If you’re going down the route of speaking nationally, people from the majority of the country think that anyone from North of Stockton, East of Carlisle and South of Berwick are Geordies… So I’m not sure we can rely on their judgement.

well I’d perhaps be going down that route if I had solely said nationally. But I didn’t.

If Northumberland had county status , then Mags would support and attend their own area. But until that happens ( never) they will cross the border and support Durham.

…..and in my case, if anyone labels me as a Geordie whilst I’m away from home I politely correct them.

It’s a song associated with Newcastle both locally and nationally (Newcastle the city and more recently the football club which you seem to be suggesting I’m referencing solely here). The lyrics to the song are predominantly about Newcastle. Scotswood, Collingwood Street, Armstrong factory, Blambra’s are all Newcastle.

How long Durham have or haven’t been singing it is neither here nor there to any of the points I’ve made so I’ve got nothing to correct. If they want to sing it, it’s up to them and it’s not that offensive to me. But it’s a Newcastle song like.

No it’s not. Just because you say it is doesn’t mean you’re right. You’re wrong The fact Newcastle also decided to take it up isn’t Durham’s fault

Typical post by you like tbf
…..and in my case, if anyone labels me as a Geordie whilst I’m away from home I politely correct them.

Yep or calls me a mackem

I’m neither, Durham lad and proud. Best place in the country.

No it’s not. Just because you say it is doesn’t mean you’re right. You’re wrong The fact Newcastle also decided to take it up isn’t Durham’s fault

Yep or calls me a mackem

It's definitely a song associated with Newcastle like. Deluded to suggest otherwise

Yep or calls me a mackem

They, as in the city and the football club, decided to take it up because it is predominantly about Newcastle. Are you saying I’m wrong and it’s not?

Back