The Magna Carta and Covidiots

• Thread starter Deleted member 22590
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright Jeremy, i'm not disputing anything in that but i'm not sure what that's got to do with the topic at hand either
well I can't help you with your lack of acuity

quoting an ancient and groundbreaking charter that changed the fabric of our consitution to open your hairdresser shop is less ridiculous than quoting a made up fairy tale to justify land grabbing and ethnic cleansing

so if you want to pillory her then de facto you are castigating Israeli foreign policy

well I can't help you with your lack of acuity

quoting an ancient and groundbreaking charter that changed the fabric of our consitution to open your hairdresser shop is less ridiculous than quoting a made up fairy tale to justify land grabbing and ethnic cleansing

so if you want to pillory her then de facto you are castigating Israeli foreign policy
It has nothing to do with my acuity in the same way it has nothing to do with Israel either. It does, however, have everything to do with not getting into a fantastical debate with one of the board's biggest WUMs who gets her kicks from derailing threads to try and make herself feel superior.

Are there no Magna Carta/Sovereign Citizen/Freeman of the Land/Admiralty Laws loons on here? Am surprised if not. Shame as it would be quite amusing.
You may call us loons, but there is one reason and one reason only why I have never been banned from this board. Every time I'm threatened with it, I just email Roger with a copy of the Magna Carta (I was CC'ed in on the original).

I don’t know a great deal about the Magna Carta other than these things

1 Signed at Runnymede
2 in 1215
3 it’s the subject of an old time based joke

4 it said everyone is subject to the law.

So the law says shut your shop.

It’s got nowt to do with the magna carta and everything to do with maintaining her income.

I understand this obviously and I sympathise with the predicament she is in, but she must close.

And those fines must be paid.
Sorry to be pedantic Jeff, but King John sealed Magna Carta, he did not sign it. He probably could not write.

It has nothing to do with my acuity in the same way it has nothing to do with Israel either. It does, however, have everything to do with not getting into a fantastical debate with one of the board's biggest WUMs who gets her kicks from derailing threads to try and make herself feel superior.

so citing an ancient Charter to excuse your illegal actions is in no way similar to citing an ancient text to excuse your illegal actions?

I reckon they should send every covid patient in Bradford, Pudsey and the surrounding areas to her salon for free haircuts.

Yet another thread she is trying to turn into a seperate argument so she can then say someone has turned a thread round to be about her. She shows a lot of signs of mental ill health and probably should seek help.

What is it in the Magna Carta that these people think it means do what you like?
Latin words, something something.
:lol: Quote from The Telegraph...

Yet if the rights of coiffeurs to remain open in a pandemic really were enshrined by King John and his barons that famed day at Runnymede, it seems that Kirklees Council was having none of it: the authority has now fined Ms Quinn £17,000.
Brilliant.

Last edited:

I have never heard the magna carta mentioned as much in my life as I have over the last 8 months.

You can’t tell me to do that, it’s in the magna carta
I can because it is in the road traffic act
You can’t detain me
Yes I can, it’s in the police and criminal evidence act
You cant stop me doing that
Public order act sir
You can’t arrest me
Good old PACE again sir
You can’t handcuff me, PACE isn’t law
Thankfully this time it is the criminal law act sir, with a dash of PACE for good measure

One of my favourites was a protestor who threatened to arrest me as I wasn’t following the oath and I had to do as he told me as I was a public servant. I pointed out I was a crown servant but he wasn’t having that. He got a bit irate when it was pointed out that if I had to do what he told me that my cap badge would have his initials on and not the queens.

Sorry to be pedantic Jeff, but King John sealed Magna Carta, he did not sign it. He probably could not write.
Sorry to be pedantic, but maybe he could. There is no evidence to determine his ability to write or not. Although I do agree he would have sealed it using the royal seal. Or dauphin if there was a frenchie around!!!!

But this is the SMB where not knowing anything about anything ever is actually an essential skill.

My best moments on here are those rare occasions when someone has some knowledge or expertise that I do not possess and in some way they enrich my life!

To be honest the Charter of the Forest is a more important document than Magna Carta. It sets out more freedoms for free men and reduces the power of the state.
It will not help anybody who wants to stay open, but it might be of interest to anyone looking into the development of a more democratic society in the 13th century. For its time it was very radical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back