The Magna Carta and Covidiots

• Thread starter Deleted member 22590
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are there no Magna Carta/Sovereign Citizen/Freeman of the Land/Admiralty Laws loons on here? Am surprised if not. Shame as it would be quite amusing.

They’re great when they get going. They’re always pub bores.

“See the thing is, technically right...no listen...technically...you don’t have to pay any tax. True that y’knar. This bloke I saw on Facebook reckons he’s never paid tax since 1996 and he’s never been done for it. It’s in the Magna Carta. Or something.”

They’re great when they get going. They’re always pub bores.

“See the thing is, technically right...no listen...technically...you don’t have to pay any tax. True that y’knar. This bloke I saw on Facebook reckons he’s never paid tax since 1996 and he’s never been done for it. It’s in the Magna Carta. Or something.”
"Free man of the land" and all that...
:lol:

(The?) Encyclopaedia Brittanica refers to “the Magna Carta”
Logon or register to see this image
I think one of the key things in that is when it was written, the only "free men" were the Barons. Anyone living on a Baron's land effectively belonged to them. While they could earn, they had to do a certain amount of work for the Baron and were not permitted to leave their lands and go to another Baron without permission. Average people like us were not "free men"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back