The Magna Carta and Covidiots

• Thread starter Deleted member 22590
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The influence on social media highlighted right there. Seen a few of these videos flying about, and it’s obvious people simply believe anything that is posted. Madness how the internet has made so much knowledge and resource available to us, yet we’ve turned into absolute thick ***** by believing it all to be true.
Exactly. People use it as an excuse mate. I wonder how many times judges in courts have heard ‘I seen it on Facebook’
They choose to believe it. I always ask our lass where she get her info from when she tells me stuff because she believes out on there.

:lol: Quote from The Telegraph...

Yet if the rights of coiffeurs to remain open in a pandemic really were enshrined by King John and his barons that famed day at Runnymede, it seems that Kirklees Council was having none of it: the authority has now fined Ms Quinn £17,000.

:lol: excellent

Exactly. People use it as an excuse mate. I wonder how many times judges in courts have heard ‘I seen it on Facebook’
They choose to believe it. I always ask our lass where she get her info from when she tells me stuff because she believes out on there.
The ex-mother-in-law (god no) used to send shite like the Magna Carta crap all the time. After tolerating it for a bit I started sending her snopes.com articles about the shite she was sending me. It stopped soon after. She still sent stuff to the ex-wife (nope).

The f***ing state of that letter :lol: Is critical thinking a thing of the past? Magna Carta had one purpose 800 years ago: to stop King John pissing Barons off, not so Ms Quinn could keep her hair salon going.
As foreign a concept to some as the Latin prose of the ancient document in question.
The ex-mother-in-law (god no) used to send shite like the Magna Carta crap all the time. After tolerating it for a bit I started sending her snopes.com articles about the shite she was sending me. It stopped soon after. She still sent stuff to the ex-wife (nope).
There should be a Snopes engine built into the text boxes of Facebook and Twitter that prevents folk from posting absolute fuckin' shite.

What used to be the instantly dismissed ramblings of gossips, taxi drivers and drunkards, is now passed off as common 'knowledge' because it's been bandied about on social media.

Last edited:
Magna Carta.... did she die in vain?

Less outrageous than Israel quoting the f***ing Bible to excuse land grabs and ethnic cleansing.
Alright Jeremy, i'm not disputing anything in that but i'm not sure what that's got to do with the topic at hand either

Critical thinking has been replaced with micro calculations.

I've got one 'mate' (use the term loosely after all this) who was first to isolate and I mean before the majority of people in the UK. He was telling everyone hundreds of thousands were dying in China. Few weeks later, he was on board the whole 5g bollocks, then got deeper and deeper in to the rabbit hole and would repeat shite like "I hope I get Covid just to show people it's a conscious virus not a corona virus". As soon as he got offered his £300 per day job back about two weeks ago, apparently he has gone full circle and is now terrified of catching Covid because he is regularly tested at work. Can't make it up, forgetting all the people who's lives have been ruined by his "I'll spread it if I want" attitude and soon as his money comes back around all the stuff be was certain about from conspiracy shite doesn't matter anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back