The Like Button

1) lets kill off all the teenagers then eh? Very poor

2) If nobody cares then get rid

3) I never said anything of the sort about a dislike button, dont be silly.

If someone posts something on here and I like it or it makes me smile then I hit the like button in recognition of that. It’s quick and easy and if it makes the poster who did it feel nice then that’s great too.

There is obviously a deeper, but separate, issue running through this thread - I am not qualified to comment so I won’t.

If someone posts something on here and I like it or it makes me smile then I hit the like button in recognition of that. It’s quick and easy and if it makes the poster who did it feel nice then that’s great too.

There is obviously a deeper, but separate, issue running through this thread - I am not qualified to comment so I won’t.
But you have?
It's a message board if we needed to be qualified before commenting on something nowt would get replyed to.

Last edited:
When you're posting as your self, I can see the argument.
When you're posting as a (fairly) anonymous avatar, not so much to be honest.

But couldn't give a shite either way really.

1) lets kill off all the teenagers then eh? Very poor

2) If nobody cares then get rid

3) I never said anything of the sort about a dislike button, dont be silly.

Oh you did

Oh you did

What I was saying there, well done for digging it up btw was that it would be a better situation than the present one to allow all of the reactions on the reaction button, certainly more consistent than what we have at the moment.

Thats a half-way house though, certainly better than the present situation, but not ideal either.

Personally I'd get rid of the follow poster option.

Stops weirdos creeping you out after you've disagreed with them,
What I was saying there, well done for digging it up btw was that it would be a better situation than the present one to allow all of the reactions on the reaction button, certainly more consistent than what we have at the moment.

Thats a half-way house though, certainly better than the present situation, but not ideal either.

So are you saying having several options which include negative ones is a better option?

Last edited:
Some people do define themselves by how many likes they get or how many posters like posts that attack them. Neither have really bothered me - my way of looking at it is that there are thousands of members and so people who like posts or show their support for attacks are always going to be in the minority anyway.
Noticed a poster on another thread checking who is liking certain posts - I certainly could never take a message board as seriously as that.

Jesus wept man. :rolleyes:

How on earth do you think having negative buttons is better. Its loads worse.

And you're a hypocrite, as you're affecting my mental health being weird following me again. Its proper creepy as owt

I'm not talking about negative buttons, I'm talking about having the full range of reactions available.

It might reduce the over-all posts on the form mind.

As I said it would be better than the current situation, but still not good, the best is scrapping the button altogether.

Back