The Like Button

FootballFan

Striker
I've talked about this well in the past, and surprisingly some were ridiculing me for doing so. They just didn't understand.

It really needs to go, the previous evidence I submitted I'll post more below.

There really is no defence for it anymore, I get that people are trying to copy popular social media networks, but that is no excuse given the reputation of said networks have been declining and exposed every year as completely reprehensible.

Is the era of social media Likes over?

Too few social media 'likes' can amp up teen depression - Futurity

How removing 'likes' from Instagram could affect our mental health

the harmful effects of likes and followers

Getting Fewer ‘Likes’ on Social Media Elicits Emotional Distress Among Adolescents - UT News

The weird thing that happens to your brain when you get a like on social media

I've talked about this well in the past, and surprisingly some were ridiculing me for doing so. They just didn't understand.

There really is no defence for it anymore, I get that people are trying to copy popular social media networks, but that is no excuse given the reputation of said networks have been declining and exposed every year as completely reprehensible.

Getting Fewer ‘Likes’ on Social Media Elicits Emotional Distress Among Adolescents - UT News

Liked

In anticipation of how this might go I will admit I have a personal interest in this, the niece of my ex hung herself over social media and she was only 17 years old.

Its a serious issue which needs addressing.

I think in previous threads the argument was that it would lead to more posts of "this". Well frankly who cares, if it leads to a better community and environment over-all there really is no argument.

Its not a joke anymore.

In anticipation of how this might go I will admit I have a personal interest in this, the niece of my ex hung herself over social media and she was only 17 years old.

Its a serious issue which needs addressing.

I think in previous threads the argument was that it would lead to more posts of "this". Well frankly who cares, if it leads to a better community and environment over-all there really is no argument.

Its not a joke anymore.
Sorry to hear that marra

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

@RTGAdmin is this a possibility? I'm expecting it to be built into the forum software and not changeable, but if it is then maybe worth consideration or a poll?

The mental health issues on those links are mainly around teenagers. I'd say the majority of posters on here are middle aged blokes who genuinely couldn't give a shit about how many likes they're getting.

It's worth pointing out that the OP has previously said in the event of it staying, he'd prefer a dislike button added to counter it. This would be a million times worse.

Or would renaming it to 'thanks' or 'concurred' be acceptable?

The mental health issues on those links are mainly around teenagers. I'd say the majority of posters on here are middle aged blokes who genuinely couldn't give a shit about how many likes they're getting.

It's worth pointing out that the OP has previously said in the event of it staying, he'd prefer a dislike button added to counter it. This would be a million times worse.

Or would renaming it to 'thanks' or 'concurred' be acceptable?

1) lets kill off all the teenagers then eh? Very poor

2) If nobody cares then get rid

3) I never said anything of the sort about a dislike button, dont be silly.

You just seem to have an issue with the 'like' button. As tragic as it is, I'd doubt your exs neice killed herself because she wasn't getting enough 'likes'.

Back