The last thing or things that pissed you off

Not being able to find hilife dog food in jelly anywhere. And no, not the black boxes the white ones. Pearl is now on a hunger strike 😔
Weirdly just had an alert from Amazon, 10 in stock wahoooo

Last edited:
Doesn't really piss me off, but makes me wonder about the education system and general intelligence in this country, that I've just looked at the dislike button thread, that was put up on Sunday, and their are still nuggets on there that can't figure out how it works🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Amazon order supposed to come yesterday got message coming Thursday or Friday- not good enough Jeff B lad.

Get it sorted fella.

im in plockton at the moment, came down from ullapool on tuesday, seen nowt like it round poolewe, gairloch etc with motorhomes etc. also north of ullapool out to alchitibuie and lochinver, loads there too.

I was around Gairloch last week. Moved northward to near Lochinver/Drumbeg this week. Basically we are hemmed in now. It’s a 9mile drive down single track either west or east to get anywhere for walking or to a major road and the ‘loop’ is part of the NC500 so it’s like a stream of motor homes and camper vans past where we are. This would have been ‘remote and secluded two years ago. Now it’s like the M25.

We’re moving on - 3 week holiday in 3 areas - but travelling to a Glen more toward the east and south which is off the NC500 entirely.

This has been my favourite area for most of my life. The reasons for coming here have now been removed.

I’m not pissed off anymore. Just very sad.

I was around Gairloch last week. Moved northward to near Lochinver/Drumbeg this week. Basically we are hemmed in now. It’s a 9mile drive down single track either west or east to get anywhere for walking or to a major road and the ‘loop’ is part of the NC500 so it’s like a stream of motor homes and camper vans past where we are. This would have been ‘remote and secluded two years ago. Now it’s like the M25.

We’re moving on - 3 week holiday in 3 areas - but travelling to a Glen more toward the east and south which is off the NC500 entirely.

This has been my favourite area for most of my life. The reasons for coming here have now been removed.

think one of the problems is price of self catering now. Prices rocketed ( supply and demand ) and motor-home is seen as a cheaper alternative for many. Sadly roads aren't built for them and volume that comes with it.
We're off to Mull tomorrow, would guess the same with motor-homes there , just don't see how can handle roads down the west side of island

Think it’s a permanent change? Hopefully the world will be back to normal soon and the rest of world being visited instead.

Seagulls. Moved to a new site with work near the city centre and I’d never noticed how loud and annoying there were. Literally squawk every few minutes and are driving me insane

think one of the problems is price of self catering now. Prices rocketed ( supply and demand ) and motor-home is seen as a cheaper alternative for many. Sadly roads aren't built for them and volume that comes with it.
We're off to Mull tomorrow, would guess the same with motor-homes there , just don't see how can handle roads down the west side of island

Maybe. But only partly.

I really can’t see what a people driving in a huge mobile home get out of it. It must be very stressful. There’s no way you can relax and enjoy anything with the concentration required to drive those massive things around winding, bumpy, narrow and often precipice-ridden roads that are prevalent here. It’s often impossible to see what’s coming and you’re just hoping there’s nothing there when you turn a corner so you don’t have to reverse back a road that was a bit hairy going forward. And you can already see the damage to the edges of the roads.

The remaining ‘pissed off’ moan (thread topic etc) is that when one occasionally takes refuge in a parking area or a viewpoint there’s a constant stream of motor homes, camper vans and sports cars that pull up, jump out, take a quick photo and pull out again. Sometimes they don’t even bother with the photo. Like I say, they seem to be just ticking off Scotland, lay-by by lay-by. They’re ‘collectors’.
Think it’s a permanent change? Hopefully the world will be back to normal soon and the rest of world being visited instead.

I think / hope that the experience that a lot of the motor homers must be having will put them off - especially the experience they must have had during the gale force winds a couple of days back - and maybe others will return to sunnier places abroad.

But there’ll still be others who will want to ‘drive the route’. It’s not the first such route. You see older signs for the ‘rock route’ - which obviously wasn’t as successful, I’ve not looked it up or owt. But it’ll be enough to put a lot of others off coming here for the more ‘traditional’ experience. It won’t matter to local business because the numbers might settle down, but to a level higher than previously. But it’ll be permanently different imo. There’ll be more ugly campsites - yep cheaper for many but taking away much of what makes the place so attractive. More damaging to the environment and less sustainable in the long term. So it’s probably the last time in this part if the world for me. I’m just glad I got to come during those years when it was so special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe. But only partly.

I really can’t see what a people driving in a huge mobile home get out of it. It must be very stressful. There’s no way you can relax and enjoy anything with the concentration required to drive those massive things around winding, bumpy, narrow and often precipice-ridden roads that are prevalent here. It’s often impossible to see what’s coming and you’re just hoping there’s nothing there when you turn a corner so you don’t have to reverse back a road that was a bit hairy going forward. And you can already see the damage to the edges of the roads.

The remaining ‘pissed off’ moan (thread topic etc) is that when one occasionally takes refuge in a parking area or a viewpoint there’s a constant stream of motor homes, camper vans and sports cars that pull up, jump out, take a quick photo and pull out again. Sometimes they don’t even bother with the photo. Like I say, they seem to be just ticking off Scotland, lay-by by lay-by. They’re ‘collectors’.

I think / hope that the experience that a lot of the motor homers must be having will put them off - especially the experience they must have had during the gale force winds a couple of days back - and maybe others will return to sunnier places abroad.

But there’ll still be others who will want to ‘drive the route’. It’s not the first such route. You see older signs for the ‘rock route’ - which obviously wasn’t as successful, I’ve not looked it up or owt. But it’ll be enough to put a lot of others off coming here for the more ‘traditional’ experience. It won’t matter to local business because the numbers might settle down, but to a level higher than previously. But it’ll be permanently different imo. There’ll be more ugly campsites - yep cheaper for many but taking away much of what makes the place so attractive. More damaging to the environment and less sustainable in the long term. So it’s probably the last time in this part if the world for me. I’m just glad I got to come during those years when it was so special.
saw signs for 'rock route ' north of ullapool and was wondering what it was about, thought it was a geology thing:D

Maybe. But only partly.

Was up there in June , was getting bad then used to just turn up at campsites, had to book them this year, hopefully things can get back to normal next year , always head to Durness and make our way down the west coast, its just full of box tickers at the moment trying to get around the 500 as quick as possible.

Amazon order supposed to come yesterday got message coming Thursday or Friday- not good enough Jeff B lad.

Get it sorted fella.

I got an Amazon order delivered to a local pick up point because they offered me a discount for doing so. It arrived a week later than promised and 2 days after I’d been told it was ready to collect. When I collected it, it was an unsealed, and therefore completely empty envelope. There were supposed to be two items in it. One was direct from Amazon so I got an immediate replacement at no charge. The other was from a third party. Their prices had gone up, the Amazon postal charges were added - which I argued was not good service as the original order was free delivery plus a discount and they were supposed to be remedying the fs t that they’d failed to seal an envelope and deliver it to an agreed address at a particular cost. I eventually got some credit in m6 Amazon account. But it was like talking to robots.

So, in summary, the absence of customer service pisses me off.

Edit: typographical errors piss me iff

Last edited by a moderator:

Back