The Last of Us “Part One”

Its free if you have the PLaystation plus premium is one of the Playstation Hits.
That's the PS4 remaster,
Just done the 2 hour trial. It's sorta how your mind remembers how it looked but when you actually see real footage of the remaster and ps3 game the leap is huge. I'm so tempted to buy it but gona hold out until it's on ps plus or a big price drop.

Last edited:
That's the PS4 remaster,
Just done the 2 hour trial. It's sorta how your mind remembers how it looked but when you actually see real footage of the remaster and ps3 game the leap is huge. I'm so tempted to buy it but gona hold out until it's on ps plus or a big price drop.
I've downloaded the 2 hour trial but not played it because I know I'd end up buying it for full price straightaway.

It’s crazy alright. I got it in one of the psn sales for $49 I think. Knew once the show started it would’ve be reduced again for ages.
You'd think the Playstation one would be cheaper as this is the 3rd time they've sold it. Maybe £50 is what PC games generally sell at so they have to price match the average?

Releasing on PC in an hour. Anyone getting it?
I've acquired it. I meet the minimum specs but that's it and I'm at the first loading screen in the car. I've been waiting for 19 minutes and I'm not even exaggerating! I'd seen some of the reviews and videos on YouTube so was prepared but yeah, this is unplayable it's it's current state

I've acquired it. I meet the minimum specs but that's it and I'm at the first loading screen in the car. I've been waiting for 19 minutes and I'm not even exaggerating! I'd seen some of the reviews and videos on YouTube so was prepared but yeah, this is unplayable it's it's current state

I struggled to get it to work at first, had to play around with loads of settings on my PC, but managed to get it to play well now. I'm a few hours in, with no crashes, playing on Ultra, 60fps, 3440x1440. I do have a 3080ti though.

Originally I was crashing every 10 seconds. I had to slightly underclock my CPU in order to not crash whilst compiling shaders, I had to adjust my pagefile size, swap out a .dll in the installer folders with something else, and turn off DLSS.

And now it's playing fine. I've not tried it since last night's 'hotfix' though.

I struggled to get it to work at first, had to play around with loads of settings on my PC, but managed to get it to play well now. I'm a few hours in, with no crashes, playing on Ultra, 60fps, 3440x1440. I do have a 3080ti though.

Originally I was crashing every 10 seconds. I had to slightly underclock my CPU in order to not crash whilst compiling shaders, I had to adjust my pagefile size, swap out a .dll in the installer folders with something else, and turn off DLSS.

And now it's playing fine. I've not tried it since last night's 'hotfix' though.

Pleased you got it sorted and on ultra it's beautiful like. I only have 16gb and an old Nvidia gcard so I wasn't expecting great things in fairness haha

Sounds like a cluster fuck of a release on pc.

What does compiling shades even mean?
Never heard of it

Alot of games do the shader thing now, even Call of Duty, although it's much quicker on there.

This game is now running really good like. I've got my framerate locked to 60fps as I heard that all the crashing occurs if you've got that unlocked.

It's stunning, and plays great (although I wanted to use mouse and keyboard, and due to mouse jitter, that's not possible...something else they need to fix - using my Xbox One controller instead).

Last edited:
Alot of games do the shader thing now, even Call of Duty, although it's much quicker on there.

This game is now running really good like. I've got my framerate locked to 60fps as I heard that all the crashing occurs if you've got that unlocked.

It's stunning, and plays great (although I wanted to use mouse and keyboard, and due to mouse jitter, that's not possible...something else they need to fix - using my Xbox One controller instead).
Hate using controllers, I can't go back to RDR1 on the Xbox emulator because I hate using a controller. So that's another reason for me not to buy this.

Back