The Last of Us “Part One”

Out Friday, anyone getting it? I want to play it but can’t bring myself to pay $70 for it. Prob wait for the sale around thanksgiving, it’ll be reduced then.

review embargo ends Thursday so should see reviews then.

I will be waiting until its much cheaper. I want to play it but have enough games already in my backlog to resist for now.

Out Friday, anyone getting it? I want to play it but can’t bring myself to pay $70 for it. Prob wait for the sale around thanksgiving, it’ll be reduced then.

review embargo ends Thursday so should see reviews then.
I think it's daft paying £70 for this but I still might. If it sells soft the price might drop quickly. Embargo is 4pm tomorrow for UK.
Will it include the factions? Love it, still play it.
It's just the base game and the Left Behind DLC. Instead of Factions coming with TLOU2, Naughty Dog has said it's ballooned into a much bigger thing and it's going to be a standalone title.
Review

Last edited:
all good reviews (it is still the last of us) from what I've seen the advice is if you've already played there's no need to be spending 70 (insert currency here) on it again. Wait for it to come down in price

From what I've seen online, a feeling its more of a remaster rather than a remake, with it being dumped into the TLOU2 engine. No changes in fundamental mechanics which would make it more of a remake, but looks beautiful as you would expect. 70 notes is punchy though

Will probably get it when it drops to £20 but not sure how I'll feel playing through that story again knowing what happens in part 2

They’ve been a bit ‘naughty’ here if you’ll pardon the pun.
They’ve removed factions as they want you to buy the standalone title coming out next year.
Anyone on ps premium can get the ps4 remastered version with factions for nowt!
Everyone to their own like but paying £70 for a less content rich version, a bit of dual shock feedback, 3d audio and enhanced visuals sounds a bit bonkers.
I’ll be waiting until it’s sub £30.

It's still going to be class. I think it's more of a 'if you need if now and how the cash' decision
it’s stunning tbh.
But as TLOU is now my no.1 GOAT I was always going to think that.

It’s a world I never tire of revisiting, and this new lick of paint has totally revitalized it.

Interesting that they haven’t changed the core gameplay at all, I did expect it to be more like part 2 in that respect but, it’s still wonderful.

it’s stunning tbh.
But as TLOU is now my no.1 GOAT I was always going to think that.

It’s a world I never tire of revisiting, and this new lick of paint has totally revitalized it.

Interesting that they haven’t changed the core gameplay at all, I did expect it to be more like part 2 in that respect but, it’s still wonderful.
Tbf, digital foundry's comparison video made a good point in the sense that the level design of 1 wouldn't have worked with 2's changes, which I'd agree with

Back