The Last Dance - Netflix

That kind of thing is not that uncommon across American sports, you see a few trades on draft day.

If this has whetted the appetite for basketball docs there's some good ones on ESPN BT Sport's 30 for 30 series....

Lakers v Celtics Best Of Enemies - Three parter covering the Magic Johnson v Larry Bird rivalry.
Jordan Rides The Bus - Michael Jordan's season in baseball.
Rodman For Better Or Worse - Self explanatory!
Reggie Miller v The Knicks

Plus loads of good ones about college ball, should be able to find them online if you look.

Hoop Dreams probably best sports documentary ever.
Jordan still hates them to this day for walking off the court.

By the sounds of it Isiah Thomas is a complete arsehole.

Watched the whole thing, definitely a marketing vehicle for the now substantially average Bulls.

Didn’t even give the slightest mention to the Rockets double in 94 and 95. If you want to watch a real basketball documentary without the fawning,
have a look at the NBA special Clutch City, more basketball less personalities; except for Olajuwon, because he was probably one of the best ever.

Last edited:
Watched the whole thing, definitely a marketing vehicle for the now substantially average Bulls.

Didn’t even give the slightest mention to the Rockets double in 94 and 95. If you want to watch a real basketball documentary without the fawning,
have a look at the NBA special Clutch City, more basketball less personalities; except for Olajuwon, because he was probably one of the best ever.
The Rockets were great but didn't have that much competition in comparison. The series against the Knicks was embarrassing. The Dream had Ewing in knots.

It’s fascinating like, mj must score highly on the psychopath test, he’s relentless! I’m not sure if I missed it or if it skirted over it, but how the fuck were a load of top professionals allowed to get a team together for the olympics?

It’s fascinating like, mj must score highly on the psychopath test, he’s relentless! I’m not sure if I missed it or if it skirted over it, but how the fuck were a load of top professionals allowed to get a team together for the olympics?
From what I read the Americans weren't too keen on picking all the big stars but FIBA and the IOC wanted to allow the other nations to so the Americans said ok and picked the best. Its possibly the most one sided tournament ever but it was £££s all the way. The Americans picked one token college player.

Im sure that from 92 onwards they relaxed the rule were in was amateur / college only. Wisely the NBA saw it as an opportunity to sell their ‘brand’ and effectively use it as a massive PR drive. Prior to 92 Basketball was relatively small outside the states but afterwards it was huge. The ‘Dream team’ Are probably one of the worlds most iconic sports team now.

From what I read the Americans weren't too keen on picking all the big stars but FIBA and the IOC wanted to allow the other nations to so the Americans said ok and picked the best. Its possibly the most one sided tournament ever but it was £££s all the way. The Americans picked one token college player.
Much like the broadway juniors team of the late 80s.

I read the footage has always been around but it needed Jordan to take part and he only agreed to do so twenty years later. Let's face it didn't do it for the money I don't think.

Back