The Last Dance - Netflix

Likewise loved every minute, gutted it’s finished. I’d say it’s the best sports doc I’ve seen. I used to dismiss American sports due to not many other countries taking them seriously but I now definitely look at them differently.
in terms of greatest I’d only put Ali, Woods and Bolt Agra’s of him.
Of the American sports I only watch the NFL but I love the way the US have salary caps and draft picks, it's all about the general manager and head coach making the correct decisions rather than the clubs with the most money winning everything meaning any team has a chance and it's hard for one team to dominate for a long time.

Last edited:

Didn't know Steve Kerr is the Golden State Warriors head coach, dominating the NBA now.

ive enjoyed reading up on each of the lesser well known players on Wikipedia and what else they’ve done.
I was delighted to read that Steve Kerr has achieved so much also as a coach with 3 NBA titles. He come across as a great bloke and his story in episode 9 was one of the documentaries most moving bits.

ive enjoyed reading up on each of the lesser well known players on Wikipedia and what else they’ve done.
I was delighted to read that Steve Kerr has achieved so much also as a coach with 3 NBA titles. He come across as a great bloke and his story in episode 9 was one of the documentaries most moving bits.
Seems a class bloke. Was like the runt of the group. Phil Jackson after his break went over to the Lakers and dominated with them.

Seems a class bloke. Was like the runt of the group. Phil Jackson after his break went over to the Lakers and dominated with them.

like when he had that spat with MJ and he was regretful with him being ‘the littlest guy on court’. Turns out he’s 6’3, most other sports you’d be the big lad !

Won another two as a player with the Spurs as well I think.

Just finished this. Previously had no real interest in Basketball whatsoever (a bit like having no interest in F1 before watching the two series on Netflix). Really enjoyed it - got a new found appreciation for the level of skill and athleticism.
Mind you, MJ was a single-minded machine.

Just finished this. Previously had no real interest in Basketball whatsoever (a bit like having no interest in F1 before watching the two series on Netflix). Really enjoyed it - got a new found appreciation for the level of skill and athleticism.
Mind you, MJ was a single-minded machine.
Finding the same, actually making me want to watch a game or two. It looks a brutal sport in and around the basket.

find it amazing when they call a time out with 2 secs left and come up with a play to win the game

Finding the same, actually making me want to watch a game or two. It looks a brutal sport in and around the basket.

find it amazing when they call a time out with 2 secs left and come up with a play to win the game
Yeah, definitely. Hard to think about seeing 2 seconds left as anything other than 'ah fuck it, we've lost'.

Exactly same as me. I know nowt about it and naively thought a lot of games were done and dusted with a long time still to go.
I never realised how tight games could be and how game’s can be won and lost with literally 1 second on the clock.
it’s amazing how the fans can celebrate without going way overboard. Over here we’d be on the court, swinging from the baskets and all sorts.

Probably one of the best things I’ve watched in a few year this, really enjoyed it. Didn’t realised how technical and athletic the sport was. Definitely found a new found appreciation for the sport.

I dunno if it was just me but I thought Jordan came across as a bit of a wanker at times throughout.

Probably one of the best things I’ve watched in a few year this, really enjoyed it. Didn’t realised how technical and athletic the sport was. Definitely found a new found appreciation for the sport.

I dunno if it was just me but I thought Jordan came across as a bit of a wanker at times throughout.
Comes across as a bully at times with his team mates

I reckon his gambling might’ve been worse than he lets on as well

Played a LOT of basketball when I was younger. Used make me laugh when people would call it a puffs sport thinking you’ve obviously never watched a game in your life!

I thought the doc was better for showing all his character traits.
Without doubt he could be a bully and certainly the black American political bit didn’t show him in a good light.

Tonight at 9pm on Sky Sports Arena

Detroit Pistons vs LA Lakers from 1989. 4th game in the 89 finals.

Gonna watch it to see how dirty the Pistons were after it was mentioned in The Last Dance that they were an aggressive team.

Tonight at 9pm on Sky Sports Arena

Detroit Pistons vs LA Lakers from 1989. 4th game in the 89 finals.

Gonna watch it to see how dirty the Pistons were after it was mentioned in The Last Dance that they were an aggressive team.
I think they were nicknamed the nasty boys and they loved it. They got into fights with to he Celtics and the Lakers.

I think they were nicknamed the nasty boys and they loved it. They got into fights with to he Celtics and the Lakers.

Aye looked class on the documentary seeing how dirty they were. Elbows all over the shop.

Can't even see the ball properly.
Old footage looks bad on modern televisions.

Last edited:

Back