The Last Dance - Netflix

What A Waster

Striker
Lost Magpie
Documentary about Michael Jordan and behind the scenes of the Chicago Bulls 97/98 season, Jordan's final season.
2 episodes available so far, first one goes back to the days when jordan was in college and cuts back and forward from the early 80s to 1997.
Second one looks at Scottie Pippen's early life and his rise to stardom and how he was 2nd best player in NBA but 122nd highest paid.
Gives a look at the power struggles within the organisation.

2 more episodes released tomorrow.

I’m watching the 2nd episode at the moment, good stuff.

I used to enjoy basketball back in the day. Used to go to Crowtree in the early 1980s when Sunderland were one of the best teams in the country. J B Jimmy Brandon, Ice man Art Wearren, Ken Nottage

I’m watching the 2nd episode at the moment, good stuff.

I used to enjoy basketball back in the day. Used to go to Crowtree in the early 1980s when Sunderland were one of the best teams in the country. J B Jimmy Brandon, Ice man Art Wearren, Ken Nottage

Not really massively into basketball, but enjoyed the Dream Team at Barcelona 92 and took a bit of an interest then.

It's a good documentary though and interesting to see all the off court politics.

Love basketball and looking forward to watching this. Trying to put it off a little so I can binge watch it, only 2 eps a week isn’t there?

Enjoying this so far. Remember reading a book called The Jordan Rules in which the Bulls v Pistons rivalry described in episode 3 is covered. The pistons revelled in the nickname the nasty boys. The book alleges the Pistons sent a film to the NBA complaining about what they saw as Jordan breaking the rules on court.

Enjoying this so far. Remember reading a book called The Jordan Rules in which the Bulls v Pistons rivalry described in episode 3 is covered. The pistons revelled in the nickname the nasty boys. The book alleges the Pistons sent a film to the NBA complaining about what they saw as Jordan breaking the rules on court.

That's interesting, I thought in the show by Jordan rules the were referring to how they'd harden their approach to deal with Jordan.
Thought that was great about the Pistons.
Got me thinking of Atletico Madrid and Simeone.

That's interesting, I thought in the show by Jordan rules the were referring to how they'd harden their approach to deal with Jordan.
That was what the book alleged anyway. It was an unauthorised book so it could be rubbish but it was a decent read. Like the comparison with Atletico and Simeone.

Absolute filth. It’s not even subtle. Hard to believe they were basically allowed to get away with it.

“If he gets to the baseline put him on the floor”. :lol:

Just finished 7 & 8 this morning. Really fascinating watch.

Having got into the NBA during the first hat-trick of titles its been really good looking back at games and players I was watching back when I was a kid. I still remember being the only kid in Fencehouses with a Charles Barkley Suns top and a matching basketball.

Proper loving this like, brilliant series.
Mental that all the footage and film sat in a vault for 20 year and only when MJ agreed it was ok they were allowed to put it all together and make the show.

I've only ever been to one NBA game in person but it was class, I’d love to go to another. Obviously with lockdown and the lack of sport on tele this is proving a nice weekly fix of action to see me through, last 2 eps next week will be a good watch 👍🏼

Proper loving this like, brilliant series.
Mental that all the footage and film sat in a vault for 20 year and only when MJ agreed it was ok they were allowed to put it all together and make the show.

I've only ever been to one NBA game in person but it was class, I’d love to go to another. Obviously with lockdown and the lack of sport on tele this is proving a nice weekly fix of action to see me through, last 2 eps next week will be a good watch 👍🏼
Just the fact that he could get something in his head to motivate himself past opponents (even when it wasn't there) and push himself to be the greatest ever to play the game.

Back