The Lake Poets

I think there are too many Radiohead, New Order and Smith fans amongst our throng to appreciate a song like that.
Anything with just a slight a sentimentality is deemed shite.

I think it's shite tbh...an unpopular view on here probably

I wouldn't go as far as to call it shite, plenty seem to relate to it so there must be something about it. Definitely not my kind of thing mind, and I don't think it suits being played in the stadium, maybe at like 14:10 or something but certainly not when they're trying to get everyone "up for it" right before kick off.

That being said it sounds like he's a local lad and an SAFC supporter who is doing canny for himself, so fair play to him. Certainly wouldn't mind if they had him perform it on boxing day. Like I say its not my kind of thing but certainly wish him every success

I enjoy it. Clearly a talented lad and captures the area and people very well. Which, for the most part, the Netflix documentary does too.

I hope he makes a few quid out of it.

It's a good song & fits well for the opening sequence to the Netflix series.

Not going to be everyone's cup of tea but I hope they do well being local lads.

Anything that can help bring good publicity to Sunderland & the club will do for me! God know we need it after the last few years.

canny post on his FB:

Enjoyed being on the box at ITV Tyne Tees last night, and so humbled to see all the love for 'Shipyards' coming from Tyneside. Football aside we're two sides of the same coin, we have a shared heritage and we're all in this together.

I'm so happy my music is helping bring people together to share stories of their family members who worked so hard to build this place up, and then kept it together when it all feel to bits. As a songwriter there's no feeling like it

This has been a wild couple of day but what's really making it spcial for me is seeing the joy and heartfelt sentiment being released because of this little song of mine and this wonderful documentary. I've never felt less useless and I promise to keep writing more songs for you all and bigging up the region wherever and whenever I can.

I love the North East.
I thank you all so much. X x

Back