The Lake Poets

Where is it in the overall charts? Haven’t got a clue how they compile it now, is it number 4 in just one download platform?
It's number 4 on the iTunes chart. The official chart is complied from downloads, physical sales, streaming and even video plays. The lad has no chance of making it to no1 unfortunately. However it will certainly be boosting his profile and making him a few quid. Good luck to him I say, seems like a good lad.

I saw Martin play a gig at the Union Chapel in Islington a few years ago, supporting John Smith, and I thought he was better than the headline act. Confusingly, Smith had an album out called Great Lakes which I ordered by mistake, thinking I was getting Martin's album The Lake Poets. My short term memory is shot these days:evil:. I got the right one later and much prefer it to John Smith's. The first track is 'Shipbuilding' BTW.

I saw Martin play a gig at the Union Chapel in Islington a few years ago, supporting John Smith, and I thought he was better than the headline act. Confusingly, Smith had an album out called Great Lakes which I ordered by mistake, thinking I was getting Martin's album The Lake Poets. My short term memory is shot these days:evil:. I got the right one later and much prefer it to John Smith's. The first track is 'Shipbuilding' BTW.

Seen him at the miners institute. Canny enough.

Surprised people appear to only now know of it tbh.

ITunes number 1 is that a thing? Nee one really cares about thst apart from the geeks right?

It's just a chart for iTunes downloads and streams. Other chart (on Radio 1) is for all downloads and streams. Really both are dominated by the big name artists so it's a load of shite. Lady Gaga & Bradley Coopers film play list dominated the charts for weeks. Any Ed Sheeran album has like 7-8 songs at the top for weeks. The wanker got Xmas number 1 last year re-releasing afew versions of the same song.

Even though this Lake Poets song was 5th on the iTunes Charts it wasn't in the iTunes top 40 on Sunday. Downloads make virtually no difference unfortunately. Will be lining the labels pocket & giving good exposure to the artist.

It's just a chart for iTunes downloads and streams. Other chart (on Radio 1) is for all downloads and streams. Really both are dominated by the big name artists so it's a load of shite. Lady Gaga & Bradley Coopers film play list dominated the charts for weeks. Any Ed Sheeran album has like 7-8 songs at the top for weeks. The wanker got Xmas number 1 last year re-releasing afew versions of the same song.

Even though this Lake Poets song was 5th on the iTunes Charts it wasn't in the iTunes top 40 on Sunday. Downloads make virtually no difference unfortunately. Will be lining the labels pocket & giving good exposure to the artist.

Streaming is even less effective. IIRC 200 streams = one purchase. Or something like that, it's time for bed though. Goodnight all.

Back