The Lake Poets

Our life? There hasn’t been a ship built in Sunderland in 30 years, whats this pathetic whimpering nonsense got to do with Sunderland?

And no, I’m not one of you, as I said, I’m not a sheep like you, if something is rubbish I say it’s rubbish.
I haven’t lived in the NE for 20 years. I wasn’t born when the shipping was happening and I was barley alive during the coal mine era. I still have a huge backing to the region and the people that helped build that area that after nearly 20 years away I still call home.
Also I love the tune

Tin hat on, but I’m not a fan. I think it’s a little downbeat for the theme music to a tv series

My only comment would be that I think that CGI opening is unbelievably shit, it's like some PS2 game cut scene. The bit with the flag makes me laugh every time.

Maybe next series they can use City by the Sea to inject some life into it.

Wait until you find out what the series is about.
Some people watching abroad might not though, Americans with a passing interest in the Premier or something.

The premise at the start was that we are a big side looking to get back to the top flight. The gloom and doom isn’t obvious until October (and then we have a bit of positivity again when Coleman comes in).

I’d rather the theme was something that captured the passion of the fans rather than one about the decline of the area.

Some people watching abroad might not though, Americans with a passing interest in the Premier or something.

The premise at the start was that we are a big side looking to get back to the top flight. The gloom and doom isn’t obvious until October (and then we have a bit of positivity again when Coleman comes in).

I’d rather the theme was something that captured the passion of the fans rather than one about the decline of the area.
I think it's spot on. It sets the scene. Depressed area relies on football for a boost. Gets kicked harder.

Hopefully next series a more upbeat tune will be setting the scene.

My only comment would be that I think that CGI opening is unbelievably shit, it's like some PS2 game cut scene. The bit with the flag makes me laugh every time.

Maybe next series they can use City by the Sea to inject some life into it.
City by the sea more upbeat hopefully to reflect this season shipyards appropriate for the dark times of last season.

A good message doesn’t make a good song.

There is no pride in that song, no fighting spirit, you need a bit of light and dark in music, this is for want of a better word... whingey. It’s defeatist and melancholy... generally people of our area have put up with a lot, we can take the worst the world throws at us and still find a smile, we’re tough. This song is pathetic, whimpering nonsense, it needs something up lifting, something that represents the area.

Not.... we used to do stuff... we don’t now..... my dad worked hard and I’m sad because my iPhone battery is down to 8%.

Local Heroes your favourite song isn't it :lol:

Back